Input needed...

richbat

Elite Member
Couple of questions,1st the coil cover on my Compadre fits kinda loosely and i was thinking of using some velcro to hold it on alittle better,do you think this would be a good idea or do you feel maybe some metal might get stuck to it?What i'd do is stick the loop side to the bottom of the coil then stick the fuzzy side to the inside of the coil cover.Also seems when i move the coil cable down where it screws into the coil i get some noise,everythings tight and clean.Any ideas?Hate to send it back to Tesoro because everything else is working as it should.Thanks

Guess you could try it? Should work. I just sprayed mine with (NON- metallic) bed liner if I were to do a lot of water hunting I'd get a real cover! You could also try ZIP TIES. GOOD LUCK & HAPPY HUNTING!

Coil Cover

I would get a small squeeze tube (like the toothpaste type tube) of cheap Dap white adhesive plumbers caulk, squeeze it out into the cover using enough to squeeze out all the way around the coil and cover, then wipe off the excess with a wet cloth leaving a good seal between the two! It will never get hard and the cover should never come off and it should seal the outer gap so nothing can get between the two! It will always be removable and will always clean off fairly easy.... GL & HH.......Pat

You could also get a long or a couple shorter put together plastic pull ties and go over the coil cover and coil to hold it on. The Compadre is very sensitive when you move the coil wire it is probably sensing it. I can't guarantee it but it wouldn't surprise me that if you called Tesoro they might send you another cover, they are great to do business with they take very good care of their customers.

Oops just noticed that Dirtfishn350 beat me to the zip tie idea, sorry about that.

Attachments

• images.jpeg
    images.jpeg
    7.6 KB · Views: 244
If it's loose, you are going to be getting dirt inside of it. I would run a bead of silicon glue around the top to seal it and hold it in place. It could be easily removed with a thin knife blade.

Ski,I did call Tesoro yesterday as always great service.I spoke with Christina,i think that was her name and she said she would have Robert call me today and i could explain to him what's going on.The coil cover thing is a minor thing and i will consider all the suggestions thus far.Thanks.

If it's loose, you are going to be getting dirt inside of it. I would run a bead of silicon glue around the top to seal it and hold it in place. It could be easily removed with a thin knife blade.

Sounds like a good idea,there was alot of crud inside of it when i took it off.

I agree with the zip-ties to hold it on. Be ready to send it back to Tesoro for repair though. What you described sounds like a broken wire. It's touching and making contact until you bend it slightly. That will only get worse over time until it fails completely. Better to get it fixed now.

Thanks Jason.I just did some more looking into it and i feel your correct about the problem,like i said earlier Roberts suppose to call me back today but i think it'll be going back to them to look at.

Ski,I did call Tesoro yesterday as always great service.I spoke with Christina,i think that was her name and she said she would have Robert call me today and i could explain to him what's going on.The coil cover thing is a minor thing and i will consider all the suggestions thus far.Thanks.
You are welcome, her name is Christina I call her the nice lady at Tesoro. They are a great bunch and will take care of you.

Well the Compadre is on it's way to Prescott,AZ for them to take a look at it,anyone know how quick their turnaround time is?Not to worried still have the F2 to keep me busy.

Back
Top Bottom