NOX: Testing in 5, 10, 15 khz?

Happa54

Forum Supporter
I've only used it to cross check when I have a bottle cap number.

At times I get static in 5 and sometimes 10 then I'll have to switch to 15 then it gets stable. But other than this, I hunt in multi.

The manual says you can go deeper in these modes vs multi but I just get a lot of static.

Does anyone uses these modes... I don't read much about it's use in the forums?

Thnx for your replies.

I really haven't used it out of multifreq. I am really impressed with the depth of my 600. It makes me sick how much my AT Pro missed in the curb strips in my neighborhood. The past two hunts I pulled out close to $2 that the Pro missed on curb strips I thought I had cleaned out.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

I really haven't used it out of multifreq. I am really impressed with the depth of my 600. It makes me sick how much my AT Pro missed in the curb strips in my neighborhood. The past two hunts I pulled out close to $2 that the Pro missed on curb strips I thought I had cleaned out.

I gave up preaching on how good this machine really is, but i think as more you guys post, it will finally overwhelm the peeps that argue it is just an average machine no better than any mid priced detector lol.

I gave up preaching on how good this machine really is, but i think as more you guys post, it will finally overwhelm the peeps that argue it is just an average machine no better than any mid priced detector lol.
I wasn't sure at first, but the more I use it, the more I am genuinely impressed by the results. I had a hard time keeping up with the flow of coins in the curb strips last night, almost every time I set the coil down to dig, it would signal another coin, and sure enough there was one. I have dug at least one wheat penny every time I have gone out.

Why would you want to use it a single freq? The magic is in the multi....

Yes, I think I see your point now CD. I just re-read pages 28/29 but then when looking at the graph and it states "low frequencies (e.g. 5 khz) are more responsive to high conductors (e.g. large silver targets) and high frequencies (e.g. 40 khz) are more responsive to low conductors (e.g. small gold nuggets)".

So, I interpret this to mean, running in all frequencies (multi) simultaneously covers it all, which validates your response "why would you want to use it as single freq".

I'm just trying to squeeze everything out of it for max performance.

This Sunday I will be able to spend an entire day with it and I'll head to a couple of trashy parks here in L.A.

Thus far however, the little time I've used it it has given me some silver, wheats and clad. So I'm not complaining at all.

Thanks for all of your responses.

I can't speak to depth of the machine yet, but I can testify that it is the best danged machine I've ever seen in seriously heavy trash. I hunt ballparks that have been hunted for decades by lots of folks, including me. Pulltab carpet! I've been over them with several different machines. The best was the White's MXT with a 5.3 coil. But the Nox blows it all out of the water. Even swinging slowly it sounds like a machine gun hitting all those pull tabs, but it chirps high and clear on the one good thing in that sweep, then wiggle/pinpoint it down to about a 2" space between the pulltabs. I found a quarter yesterday under a rusty nail (I thought it was the nail causing the signal when I dug it, but checked the hole again with my pinpointer and bingo!) I've even found a few wheats and one silver merc in all that mess. I'm a believer. Plus, I find that at least for me it is better to hunt in default ground balance, and notch out everything below 24, notch in 11 and 12. For some reason, ground balancing in the trashy areas makes it false a lot. Yes, I will miss any gold rings, but there are probably not many (if any) out there anyway.

I can't speak to depth of the machine yet, but I can testify that it is the best danged machine I've ever seen in seriously heavy trash. I hunt ballparks that have been hunted for decades by lots of folks, including me. Pulltab carpet! I've been over them with several different machines. The best was the White's MXT with a 5.3 coil. But the Nox blows it all out of the water. Even swinging slowly it sounds like a machine gun hitting all those pull tabs, but it chirps high and clear on the one good thing in that sweep, then wiggle/pinpoint it down to about a 2" space between the pulltabs. I found a quarter yesterday under a rusty nail (I thought it was the nail causing the signal when I dug it, but checked the hole again with my pinpointer and bingo!) I've even found a few wheats and one silver merc in all that mess. I'm a believer. Plus, I find that at least for me it is better to hunt in default ground balance, and notch out everything below 24, notch in 11 and 12. For some reason, ground balancing in the trashy areas makes it false a lot. Yes, I will miss any gold rings, but there are probably not many (if any) out there anyway.

It really is incredible how it can unmask!

I was Hunting and old Drive in that I have found a lot of silver over the years the other day. Was using the 600 did not find any silver but that thing sure love bottle caps sounded so good. Almost a waste of time trying to use it there just Too many bottle caps . Seem like it ran better on 15 Khz

Back
Top Bottom