Complaints On Loose NOX shafts

Maybe that is what they are all doing, cause my 3 machines are all very tight!

Yes, possibly. And my machine is very tight too. It can be easily damaged inadvertently. As you know...if one were to stand behind the machine in a normal fashion with the coil to the ground, they are probably turning the cam lock clockwise thinking they are tightening it, which kind of makes sense. But that is the wrong direction to turn the cam/shaft lock when standing behind the control box...

:laughing: Most threads on the forum turn into a Nox thread one way or another, but this one has went from a Nox thread to a "Leftie loosie, Righty Tighty" thread...:D

I mean, if folks can't figure this out and are indeed turning the cam locks the wrong way, which I doubt anyone is, maybe they should reconsider owning sophisticated electronics. :no:

I know for a fact the folks I've seen mention loose shafts on this forum in particular know which way a screw turns. I've seen this same thing happen on oil change tutorials before too. "Remember, the filter turns opposite because it's/you're upside down..." :?:

Anyway, GL&HH everyone!!

Everyone that screams shaft wobble must not have swung a At Pro or a Excalibur II. I have a At Pro and use to have a Excal both have shaft wobble and never bothered me that much. I did make my own carbon fiber straight shaft for my excel but that was for ergonomics.
Its not actually shaft wobble. Its shaft rotation.
:laughing: Most threads on the forum turn into a Nox thread one way or another, but this one has went from a Nox thread to a "Leftie loosie, Righty Tighty" thread...:D

I mean, if folks can't figure this out and are indeed turning the cam locks the wrong way, which I doubt anyone is, maybe they should reconsider owning sophisticated electronics. :no:

I know for a fact the folks I've seen mention loose shafts on this forum in particular know which way a screw turns. I've seen this same thing happen on oil change tutorials before too. "Remember, the filter turns opposite because it's/you're upside down..." :?:

Anyway, GL&HH everyone!!

Trust me. A friend of mine who was detecting before most on here were crapping diapers had to send his in. ML is fully aware they got some problems

Its not actually shaft wobble. Its shaft rotation.

Trust me. A friend of mine who was detecting before most on here were crapping diapers had to send his in. ML is fully aware they got some problems

Yeah, that's what I was noticing. These folks know if there's an issue with their machine or not. I find this whole blaming of customers by other customers to somehow protect a machine's reputation or whatever to be very odd behavior.

Reminds me of the I-Phone antenna problem on one of the earlier models and fan boys' reactions were "You're holding it wrong, idiot! Don't wrap your hand around your phone dummy." :?:

Strange monkeys are we Homo Sapiens.

The basic design feature/flaw which will continue to make this a problem is that the straight shaft makes the axis drawn from the contact point on the arm cuff - through the mid point of the handle - end on the ground well in front of the front edge of the coil.

Every swing introduces rotation forces around this axis due to the inertia of the coil. These forces will act on the shaft joints.

Last edited:
Another thought. I know some extend the coil way out in front of them. I am only 5 9 and to be able to hunt all day i adjust my coil as straight down and close to my body as possible to not hurt my body. Could be where i have my rod system more compact as most? I just know after three units all mine are very tight and no rotation or wobble.

How many ready this having problems are maybe 6 1 or taller?

Another thought. I know some extend the coil way out in front of them. I am only 5 9 and to be able to hunt all day i adjust my coil as straight down and close to my body as possible to not hurt my body. Could be where i have my rod system more compact as most? I just know after three units all mine are very tight and no rotation or wobble.

I am 5'11". Pin for the shaft is in the 4th hole above the camlock. Upper camlock so far no issue. Lower camlock once I build up the lower rod with Teflon tape and tightened the camlock its tight as can be. But I get it wet. Imagine how bad its gonna get when the 15" coil comes out. The 17" on a CTX wears out the upper carbon fiber shaft on one. These lower rod camlocks are gonna be through with a 15" coil.

I'm 5'`10" and also on the 4th hole down from the top camlock. I checked my tesoro vaquero rod today and also noticed the holes in the outer rod are slightly over sized. The tesoros use two pins, but if I loosen the camlock I can rotate the rod slightly just like the nox. The camlock on the tesoro really tightens down so that there's no rotation. So maybe it's the camlocks on the equinox and the holes are to spec.

I just can't figure out whats going on, i am running 4th hole up and all my machines are tight , i actually been trying to make them wobble or turn and i cannot. I have even been scrubbing hard which i do not usually do to make something happen. All i can think of is it must be a bad batch of rods that were not quite within tolerance specs? I feel bad for you guys that are having problems and i was trying to help , but i cannot figure out what is happening.

I just can't figure out whats going on, i am running 4th hole up and all my machines are tight , i actually been trying to make them wobble or turn and i cannot. I have even been scrubbing hard which i do not usually do to make something happen. All i can think of is it must be a bad batch of rods that were not quite within tolerance specs? I feel bad for you guys that are having problems and i was trying to help , but i cannot figure out what is happening.

Same here. My rods could not be more rigid, and cams don't really have to turn very far to lock up. I believe there are some undersize rods that were used.
It would not have to be much. Either that, or some of the camlocks used do not turn as far as they're supposed to and don't fully contact the rods.

I don't really feel a wobble in my 800 but if I hold the coil and the handle a twist I get maybe a slight 1/8" turn in both of my connections. Again, don really notice it while hunting, just my 2 cents. :cool:

I am 6' 3 and have zero problems with shaft wobble or "rotation" on my 800 as some have reported. I did not have either problem with my at pro either. My etrac shaft would wobble ever so slightly when extended out all the way but that was to be expected. I solved that issue with the tall man shaft.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom