WW2 Nazi Coins

VA-REB

Forum Supporter
Thought some of you might like to see these. My step-father fought in the Battle of the Bulge. Here are some momentos he brought back from Europe. I inherited these when he passed away. They were recently donated to the White Oak Civil War Museum (he has a small WW2 display). By the way, those of you out there who have never been to this museum really do owe it to your self to make the visit.

Attachments

• Scan 4.jpg
    Scan 4.jpg
    28.9 KB · Views: 524
  • Scan 10.jpeg
    Scan 10.jpeg
    67.5 KB · Views: 515
  • Scan 3.jpg
    Scan 3.jpg
    19 KB · Views: 530
  • Scan 2.jpg
    Scan 2.jpg
    18.7 KB · Views: 528
some similar coins we find here too :no:

Attachments

• finds 3 sept 012.jpg
    finds 3 sept 012.jpg
    34.8 KB · Views: 429
Interesting coins. Are the top two aluminum? I bet your step dad had some amazing stories. Thanks for sharing

I really don't know what they are made of but I don't think it is aluminum? I'll have to look and see if I still have more like them.

The 5 Reichmarks are silver, the ReichPfennigs tend to be mostly made of zinc, grey and nearly always rotten when found in Europe.

I found a 1939 German 1 Reichsfennig in the penny drawer at work, last year.
I still wonder how it was passed up and got there!

I like how German coinage changed in the course of the war. They started out with decent metals and ended up using zinc and aluminum by the end of the war. Funny how even that tells a story of how the war went for them!

I found this one back in June of 2010 on a WWII gunnery training base that I frequently hunt. The story is that German submarine POWs were kept here during the war as well as other bases.

Attachments

• GEDC0414.jpg
    GEDC0414.jpg
    32.4 KB · Views: 173
  • GEDC0415.jpg
    GEDC0415.jpg
    34.9 KB · Views: 175
Back
Top Bottom