Tracker IV problems.

SoKyHunter

About two hours in to a hunt this morning, my Tracker IV started chattering non-stop. ...went to check the coil connector and found it chattered even with the coil unplugged so I came home and took it apart. The chattering is being caused by the female coil connector. I assumed it have have damaged soldering from banging the detector around on little tree stumps from field hunting, so I re-soldered all the connections to the plug itself, and the board. After fiddling around with it, any movement of the internal coil plug wires still causes non-stop chattering. Anyone have any ideas?

Z22Eff1l.jpg

Don't test it by that 20-lbs. of pennies!!:laughing:JK

Look in the end of the board plug, there should be round female fittings in it. They will open and cause a loose connection. If you take a tiny screw driver you can apply pressure between the plastic and the female and it will make them fit tight on the male. GL

You could always try to do away with the connectors and hardwire the coil to the board and if it stops chattering then you know your connector is faulty.

if you've redone the internal part of the connection and it still chatters then you can deduce that the external part of the connection is to blame. Even those are easily replaced via parts from RatShak.

IMG_2286_zps2161f280.jpg
[/IMG] This is Radio Shack's version, good for parts. PM me your info and I'll mail it to you. Just send me $5 for the shipping when you can...

Re-ran all the wiring. Chatter is almost non-existent.

Since I already had it apart, I removed the potentiometers and toggle switch off the board and started mounting everything in a radio shack project box, basically copying Dig-Ons mod. There's a definite weight difference.

...and not so much worried about the warranty. I like to tinker. Regardless, the AT Pro will be here soon.

Just for size comparison:

YyjQSEal.jpg

Check your PMs Captain Silver.

Finished and again fully functional Tracker IV. I did swap Discrim and Sens knobs around. Much more comfortable to thumb Discrim with it on the left side.

oR3DkO7l.jpg

hDjmjyOl.jpg

zMnOVedl.jpg

Back
Top Bottom