The big remodel is winding down

BBsGal

Forum Supporter
I may actually survive this renovation thing. My brother is done with his parts of the work and is heading home tomorrow after 3 months of working every day on the house. All that's left for me to to do is finish trim and doors, painting the kitchen cabinets ( and having doors & drawer fronts made ) and finishing the wood floor re-shellac-ing... BB still has to do a few essential HVAC & plumbing things, but we're in the home stretch! Another month and we should be finished and moved in, and maybe I can get some detecting in for late winter / early spring.

My Trim work so far bathroom window...
picture.php

and living room my first sill (first of 11!)
picture.php

Brother fine tuning drawers & working on cabinets...
picture.php

picture.php

Looking good !!!!

......I know it's got to be a relief to know it's almost completed, and just think how much nicer next Christmas will be when the only "redecorating" you'll have to do is put up holiday re-decorations :lol:

Looking good !!!!

......I know it's got to be a relief to know it's almost completed, and just think how much nicer next Christmas will be when the only "redecorating" you'll have to do is put up holiday re-decorations :lol:

Thanks! Oh man, you know it!

Coming together really nice. Sure going to be a relief once finshed. I really do enjoy doing that kind of work but only on a free time basis. Got into a bank repo about 10 years ago and spent weeks trying to make it livable before moving in. Windows, doors, trim, cabinets, flooring, plumbing, electrical, you name it. Sound like about the same as what you're doing now. Rewarding once done but would much rather be able to do it during my spare time vs need to be done soon. Come spring I think it'll be time for a new roof. Been replacing shingles for 2 years now trying to put it off but I think after this winter it'll be time to replace the whole thing.

You are a very lucky girl. How many of us have a family member that would give up 3 months to help out. I know that my brother would be there for about 3 days. But at the end of 3 days we would be at each other's throat's. House looking very nice.

Coming together really nice. Sure going to be a relief once finshed. I really do enjoy doing that kind of work but only on a free time basis. Got into a bank repo about 10 years ago and spent weeks trying to make it livable before moving in. Windows, doors, trim, cabinets, flooring, plumbing, electrical, you name it. Sound like about the same as what you're doing now. Rewarding once done but would much rather be able to do it during my spare time vs need to be done soon. Come spring I think it'll be time for a new roof. Been replacing shingles for 2 years now trying to put it off but I think after this winter it'll be time to replace the whole thing.

Thanks! Yes, it's a real job getting it livable, be very happy when it's done! Yeah, roofing is work, the seller had this one done before we closed on it at the bank's insistence it was so bad.

Looks great.....

Thanks!

You are a very lucky girl. How many of us have a family member that would give up 3 months to help out. I know that my brother would be there for about 3 days. But at the end of 3 days we would be at each other's throat's. House looking very nice.

Yeah, I got a great brother :yes: He's pretty bossy but pretty awesome too :lol:

Very nice work, aren't cabinets fun? :lol::lol::lol:
Thanks, oh yeah! :lol:

Looking good. It's a long process but worth it at the end. Oh I forgot to mention there is no end, there's always something you'll want to change.

I did renovations and remodeling for over 25 years. Mostly on houses built from 1860-1950. The guy I worked with called me the finesse guy. We were repairing a historic house(national historic register) and he asked me to match 100 year old wainscot, he meant at the lumberyard, I misunderstood and made some on the table saw. When I gave him a piece he asked where I got it so I said that size hasn't been made since the 1930's but it was easy to make, he just shook his head and told me to go make more.

Very nice work! Congrats on the great looking home!

Thank you!

Looking good. It's a long process but worth it at the end. Oh I forgot to mention there is no end, there's always something you'll want to change.

I did renovations and remodeling for over 25 years. Mostly on houses built from 1860-1950. The guy I worked with called me the finesse guy. We were repairing a historic house(national historic register) and he asked me to match 100 year old wainscot, he meant at the lumberyard, I misunderstood and made some on the table saw. When I gave him a piece he asked where I got it so I said that size hasn't been made since the 1930's but it was easy to make, he just shook his head and told me to go make more.

Thanks, I know what you mean but I'm trying not to have to continuously remodel by getting it the way I want it to start with :lol: We'll see how that goes. My brother has skills like you do, he can about make anything of wood or metal and loves doing that stuff.

Thank you!

Thanks, I know what you mean but I'm trying not to have to continuously remodel by getting it the way I want it to start with :lol: We'll see how that goes. My brother has skills like you do, he can about make anything of wood or metal and loves doing that stuff.

My folks bought my house in 1964.This morning I heard a noise and went to ask my father what it was, Turns out a pressure relief valve on one of the radiators went bad. Turn down the heat, shut off the radiator, and wait for Home Depot to open, it had to be new years day. I'll go to the plumbing supply store tomorrow and get the right part, HD didn't have it so we improvised, it works and that's what matters when is 6 degrees.

Like I said it never ends.

You all are doing a great job. Lucky you for your brother. I have a brother that does not know what it is like to help family.
Will be great when you can just sit down and say I AM DONE.. KEN :D

My folks bought my house in 1964.This morning I heard a noise and went to ask my father what it was, Turns out a pressure relief valve on one of the radiators went bad. Turn down the heat, shut off the radiator, and wait for Home Depot to open, it had to be new years day. I'll go to the plumbing supply store tomorrow and get the right part, HD didn't have it so we improvised, it works and that's what matters when is 6 degrees.

Like I said it never ends.

lol Sounds about right... none of that happens on a regular business day.

You all are doing a great job. Lucky you for your brother. I have a brother that does not know what it is like to help family.
Will be great when you can just sit down and say I AM DONE.. KEN :D

Thanks, not sure what I would have done without him helping.. And yes, it will be great. Maybe another couple weeks. I hope anyway :yes:

Back
Top Bottom