• Forum server maintanace tonight.
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Deus 11" LF coil depth versus 9"LF

Mr. C

Hi fellow Deus users. I have been running the 9 inch low frequency coil since I got the machine last year. I love it and it will probably remain my go-to coil even if i get a second one because of the target separation i get in heavy trash sites.

However, I have a spot that gave up a 1700's coin, a copper thimble, some buckles, and copper bits at about 9 inches and few other solid signals. Everything I get at this spot is pretty deep and it seems like there is a layer of new soil on top of an old layer. I also have a permission at a 1760 home where all the good stuff is 10+ down

I am thinking about getting the 11" LF coil (not the 11 x 13). Anyone want to weigh in on thoughts and experiences about the real depth increase i would get?

Thanks in advance
Mr. C

My 2¢

I've had many of both the 9" & 11". Although the 9" has great depth for the size the 11" is deeper and covers more ground. I currently use the 11" LF and the 9.5 elliptical HF. Great set to compliment each other.

How much deep? Now that depends on the site. If the iron isn't too bad then the 11" will get you more depth. If there is a lot of iron then not so much unless you have the Deus set to hear iron.

Ive used both extensively but decided to keep the 9”. Not enough difference between the two. You could almost buy another good detector with a stock 11” coil for the price of a 11” Deus coil. Then slap a 15” coil on it for max coverage and depth(Equinox 600, Fisher F75, AT Max). Im waiting on my new Equinox

It will depend on your soil if the 11" will go deeper.
When i pumped the coil i could fill the mineral scale at times, the 11"coil got around 6"-7" on small coins, and 9"-10" on large coins in my test garden @12khz
Saying that, i rarely dug a coin past 7"

My 2¢

I've had many of both the 9" & 11". Although the 9" has great depth for the size the 11" is deeper and covers more ground. I currently use the 11" LF and the 9.5 elliptical HF. Great set to compliment each other.

How much deep? Now that depends on the site. If the iron isn't too bad then the 11" will get you more depth. If there is a lot of iron then not so much unless you have the Deus set to hear iron.

Good post! I like the 11" for depth. Although I think the 9" HF Round may be very very close to it.

I would highly consider your area and where you hunt the most. Lots of minimization and iron trash? Might lean to the 9" HF coil. Otherwise the 11" standard.

I personally still love my standard coils. My personal XP Deus is still on 3.2 software version. lol Shop demo however is not.

Great thoughts. I am in the northeast so i have plenty of time before I will need to make a decision, so please keep em coming.

I havent seen anyone say the 11 x 13 has better depth than the 11, but they do say it has a little worse balance. I welcome your and others thoughts on the difference.

I had the 13" it wasn't much deeper, but it was very nose heavy, maybe the newer coils are lighter.

Quite correct on being nose heavy, field tester made the same comment.

I converted mine using a Whites MXT(?) top shaft and a XP Goldmaxx bottom shaft which removed the nose heavy problem.

I had the 13" it wasn't much deeper, but it was very nose heavy, maybe the newer coils are lighter.

The ones that I have sold have been used mostly in Ohio, PA and IN and I haven't heard any issues with the noise. But the people that purchased them got them for farm field searching to cover more area.

Interesting discussion, I have enjoyed following along.

Back
Top Bottom