Local Park...

gwgerny

Hit up a local baseball park today for about an hour and got skunked all the way around. Nothing but trash and then got rained on. A lousy day all the way around:mad::mad:

Hey, on the bright side, next time you hunt there they'll be less trash and thereby maybe a better chance of finding good stuff !

I was at a local ball field on Friday for the first time and dug a ton of trash but was lucky to have good weather and find a few clad coins.

I hope your next time out is better.

We have so many detectors here,I just find pennies or occasional dime in the parks.:roll:

Really? I've only seen two other detectorists here in Sacramento in my entire life, and they were both mainly deep silver hunters. I don't know if I'm just lucky or what, but I've done relatively well at the parks around here, for gold/silver jewelry and clad at least, considering I can only squeeze in about 3-4 hours per week. I think this hobby would be much less enjoyable for me if there were a bunch of other detectorists also hitting the same parks that I do.

[How come .. I don't see you?
Hehe

[/B]
Really? I've only seen two other detectorists here in Sacramento in my entire life, and they were both mainly deep silver hunters. I don't know if I'm just lucky or what, but I've done relatively well at the parks around here, for gold/silver jewelry and clad at least, considering I can only squeeze in about 3-4 hours per week. I think this hobby would be much less enjoyable for me if there were a bunch of other detectorists also hitting the same parks that I do.

I am in Santa Rosa,not Sacramento.

Look on the bright side. You got out of the house Got some practice swinging your detector. Got some fresh air. And gained just a teeny bit of experience. we have all had those days but they us better at detecting.

I dont have too many days like those.

I like to test coils, do detector comparisons, and I search areas another detectorist would not hunt. Im not below crawling under a bleachers with a pin pointer to look for stuff.

I also was at a local park this morning and found a bunch of tabs and a little bit of clad, I dug every signal which helps me understand my new fisher f75 ltd, and I'm starting to get more comfortable with it.

I didn't get out at all today, would trade ya!

I've had many a hunt with nada, part of the business!

Never know man, gold rings a Beep away :)

We'll shoot maybe I need to head west a bit from Folsom... but that's just too far out of my way.... :(. But double gold rings out of the same hole...

I too hunt pre work and lunch hours and that's about it. Wish I had more time!

I too hunt pre work and lunch hours and that's about it. Wish I had more time!

Then when you finally get old enough to retire you do not have the energy to detect all you want to. All I can handle any more is a couple days a week for a few hours.

Back
Top Bottom