Could use some help dating this

mikeybonez28

I figured I could find some old coins in my yard, house was built in 1920 but i found this instead. I cant upload from my phone at the moment but it says:

Hellmann's Blue Ribbon
Registered

I couldnt find much but maybe someone here knows better

It's only the bottom of a jar, I found several other complete bottles but not a Hellmann's

Also found part of a bottle that says:
Farm Dairy
Carbondale
PA

I know it isn't worth much because it's only a piece but it's a hometown bottle, probably a small dairy so it's cool, to me at least

Attachments

• 20170429_191007.jpg
    20170429_191007.jpg
    63.5 KB · Views: 976
Last edited:
Yes Hellman's Blue Ribbon Mayonnaise. The boxed O (Owens Glass Co.) logo suggests late 1920s, but it's hard to tell without seeing the rest of the jar. BTW Owens merged with Illinois Glass Co. by 1931 so it's before that date.

Yes Hellman's Blue Ribbon Mayonnaise. The boxed O (Owens Glass Co.) logo suggests late 1920s, but it's hard to tell without seeing the rest of the jar. BTW Owens merged with Illinois Glass Co. by 1931 so it's before that date.

That's all there was, I only found the bottom. Also found a J Heinz bottom in the same hole.

CORRECTION, I WAS THINKING OF ANOTHER BOTTLE. THIS WAS COMPLETE, CRACKED BUT WHOLE AND ITS A SCREW TOP

Funniest thing is, this was a mining town and I've looked at all the historic maps I could find and nothing would suggest that this was a dump unless it was a family/farm dump. On a side note, I think this might explain why the ground is shifting and developing holes. It's not under the house, just on a small hill next to it. Once I have time, I'd like to tear apart the hill to not only uncover more stuff but to make it safer and easier to traverse. I just don't know how far back this dump goes. I opened up one hole, 1' by 1', and I found 3 complete bottles and several fragments, plus a very old pail that has definitely seen better days along with random steel cans and plumbing parts. All of this because I was chasing a nickel/dime tone and an overload lol

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom