Digs with more Ca history

JackalopeZL1

Elite Member
Hi all, I went for another hunt today and a couple times over the last week on a friends property that is rather old. He has 200 acres and the property adjoin his to the west is a cemetery dating back to 1851. He has some fabulous old brick buildings so it is looking promising. So far today I found a few goodies with the best being a WW1 great seal military button. Still has a lot of gold gilt left on it too. I found lots of square nails,a plow blade, horse shoes, Oxen shoes and a Whats it which to me looks like something to do with a wagon or plow hook up? If you have any ideas let me know. thanks for looking..

the perfume cap dates back to the early 1800's

Attachments

• zzzzzzzzzzzz11.jpg
    zzzzzzzzzzzz11.jpg
    48.9 KB · Views: 343
That's a bunch of nice finds! You have a great place to detect. I love the brick barn. Big Congrats!

beephead

Thanks Beephead, The barn is really awesome, My Friend took me inside and it has some real neat detail. There is also a small brick house next to it that is equally as cool. He has no idea the age of the place though. I am guessing mid to late 1800's, Pretty good for Ca.

Beautiful button and a lot of great finds! Looks like a great spot, hit it hard! Congrats!

Right on! Looks like a great place to hunt! Some good relics already. Can't wait to see whay else you find.

You are very lucky to have access to a place like that. I'm sure you will find some great items there. Please keep us posted.

Your mystery object is a plow bite adjuster. The chains attached to the horse's double trees came back and were pinned into one of the holes. The further to the left or right increased or decreased the "throw" of the plow!

Back
Top Bottom