Sapphire Ring Found at State Beach

treasurekid

Ok folks, this is my first big find at a state beach in Rhode Island using my White's Beach Hunter ID which I was considering selling. Take a look at the pictures. It is an old ring with a beautiful dark blue Sapphire in the middle with 2 more Sapphire's on each side of the large stone and 4 diamond chips surrounding the Sapphire.

http://members.cox.net/bogo/ring-beach-1.jpg

The worth of the ring is yet to be known. I am figuring it to me worth between $500 and $1200 because of the size and clairty of the Sapphire.

Silver Dime Found

I also found a bunch of coins. Within the coins was a 1942 Silver Liberty Dime. I guess this beach has never been goneover by anyone with a detector. I will be returning for even bigger finds after the 4th of July weekend.

Gosh that is gorgeous!!! :shock:

Nothing like being in the right place... at the right time.

Sorry I haven't posted responses...

Hello Treasure Hunters...

Sorry I haven't had a chance to post responses. I've been busy running my companies. I haven't been out in a while with the detector but I know some divers are finding canon balls near my house where an old fort was years ago. The canon balls I guess from what I have heard are selling for between $200 and $600 depending on the amount of lead and condition they are in. Also, quick note, did anyone see the news about the person detecting in the water, an old missle was found and dug up, it exploded killing the person. Is this story real? Has anyone heard about it? I have been trying to find the story online. Thank you for all the posts on the ring. Yes, being at the right place at the right time sure helps. It's like pulling the slot machine lever. Best of luck to everyone, dig all the beeps, you never know what you'll find. The detector went off when i hit the ring but it wasn't a loud beep so dig and dig until you find gold!!! Talk to you soon!!;)

Hello Treasure Hunters...

Sorry I haven't had a chance to post responses. I've been busy running my companies. I haven't been out in a while with the detector but I know some divers are finding canon balls near my house where an old fort was years ago. The canon balls I guess from what I have heard are selling for between $200 and $600 depending on the amount of lead and condition they are in. Also, quick note, did anyone see the news about the person detecting in the water, an old missle was found and dug up, it exploded killing the person. Is this story real? Has anyone heard about it? I have been trying to find the story online. Thank you for all the posts on the ring. Yes, being at the right place at the right time sure helps. It's like pulling the slot machine lever. Best of luck to everyone, dig all the beeps, you never know what you'll find. The detector went off when i hit the ring but it wasn't a loud beep so dig and dig until you find gold!!! Talk to you soon!!;)

Congratulations on the ring. The story you heard about the death of someone disarming a cannon ball is true. Here is a link to the details:

http://metaldetectingforum.com/showthread.php?t=14492&highlight=Relic+hunter+death

Back
Top Bottom