The newly updated Fisher F75

WKyfisher

Havent seen this posted anywhere on this forum but it's on some of the others the last few days. This info was released by Fisher.

The new Fisher F75LTD Advanced Technology coming in October!

New features that make the F75LTD more versatile with greater depth, better target separation and audio features that will open up iron-infested sites!

-Ability to activate and deactivate DST Mode (Digital Shielding Technology) for the ultimate in EMI suppression.
-FA Process (Fast Retune) Improved target separation
-Three New Levels of Fe Tone® : Iron audio off, low or medium (compliments existing "High" setting)
-Adjustable Audio Pitch now in the discrimination mode
-Embedded Serial Number (Serialization now stored electronically)

And this was on Fishers facebook page yesterday

There has been a lot of questions about the ability to upgrade your existing F75 and F75LTD to that of the new Advanced Technology F75 and F75LTD and the answer is yes they can be upgraded. Stay tuned we will be announcing our upgrade program soon!"

I'm looking forward to updating my standard F75 to the LTD-2. I remember being told the standard F75 could not be updated to the F75-ltd years ago when it first came out due to hardware difference, I guess they found a way to do it with the new software. Hopefully it won't be too expensive, and it is nice to be able to update my detector rather then have to buy a whole new one. I'm looking forward to the boost mode and new emi shielding.

Three New Levels of Fe Tone® : Iron audio off, low or medium (compliments existing "High" setting)

The Eurotek Pro already has this ;)

From what I have read they are saying this new software will allow you to run your f75 at 99 sense silently. No chattering, falsing or emi issues and no loss of depth. I hope thats true as I just got myself a new 75. I will be waiting for more reports

From what I have read they are saying this new software will allow you to run your f75 at 99 sense silently. No chattering, falsing or emi issues and no loss of depth. I hope thats true as I just got myself a new 75. I will be waiting for more reports

The depth would be amazing running 99, especially in boost mode. Does the additional depth they claim come from the ability to run higher sens, or did they actually tweak boost mode to make it even hotter?

I love my F2. Its the most expensive detector ive used. I cant even imagine how good this would be!

The depth would be amazing running 99, especially in boost mode. Does the additional depth they claim come from the ability to run higher sens, or did they actually tweak boost mode to make it even hotter?

Check out the report from Mike Hillis over on dankowskidetectors.com under the thread The new F75 LTD. Sounds very encouraging

From Mike Hillis on another forum

The new FA (Fast) mode alone is worthy of a new release of the F75. Sliced bread type stuff. All the other changes are icing on the cake.

The first thing you want to do is go find the trashiest iron site you can find, regardless of how many times you have hunted it, turn it on, max out the sensitivity, put it in FA Process and see how long the grin stays on your face. Non-ferrous that doesn't make a peep in the other process selections sings out nice and strong in FA. Non-ferrous that only gives an intermediate response in the other processes sings out loud and clear in FA. Not just with the audio but even the visual sticks out. Its amazing.

I also like the FA mode in the low density target, high mineral ground areas too, because its not just hitting the target once. You get multiple hits on the target, so instead a chirp that you could easily pass over, you get the machine gun response that won't let you walk away.

Of course there is a trade off for that extra speed. The FA has less depth potential as compared to the other modes.

Regards EMI...

I got to participate in the orignal developing and prototyping of both of the orignal T2 and the 11" biaxle coil as well as the F75. When the prototyping was over and they finally went into production they were fine instruments.....when you had fairly EMI free areas to use them in. But in moderate to high EMI sites they were a pain in the ears. There was a lot of ongoing work done on the coil that helped but they are such high gain instruments that EMI noise just went with the package. You either learned to deal with the noise or you looked for areas where it could be ran stable.

I loved them when they could be ran stable. I hated them when they couldn't. My urban EMI got so bad and continued to grow worse to the point I couldn't see keeping them as I could rarely use them.

I tried another one last year that was suposedly one of the better EMI free ones. It turned out to be worse than the originals. However, the new F75 runs silent at many of those locations at a 99 sensitivity level, and at the ones where I still get noise, and I didn't want to hear the noise, it didn't take a big drop in sensitivity to get it stable. I still have sites that are noisy or I choose to run it it noisy but the noise is subdued and less fatigueing to listen to. Just a real pleasure to hunt with now.

The pitch selected in the AM mode now carries over the Disc mode for the single non-ferrous tone responses in 1, 1F, 2F, 2H, 2L, and 1N. Those new tones all have degrees of iron volume changes. 2F is the normal, 2H has a lower iron volume. 2L is lower still. 1N is no iron response. My favorite is 2H.

Simple straight forward performance. Its sweet. I'd make sure to take the batteries out of your other detectors if you get one of the new F75's 'cause they won't see a lot of use.

Keith needs to get his hands on one. He'll love it.

I didn't have another F75 to compare all the processes against to verify that the design intent is still in place for those so I'll have to let others speak to that.

I don't know what Fisher is going to do with the F75's that are out there now.

Hope that helps a little.

HH
Mike

Will the standard F75 be able to get the Boost process of the LTD/SE model with an upgrade now? I know they can get the new tones and FA mode. I always thought the F75 and F75 se/ltd have different hardware.

this is from there face book page
There has been a lot of questions about the ability to upgrade your existing F75 and F75LTD to that of the new Advanced Technology F75 and F75LTD and the answer is yes they can be upgraded. Stay tuned we will be announcing our upgrade program soon!
so there not saying if you can add the bp and cl modes to a f75 to make it a f75ltd and im not sure if the difference between them is just software or hardware too hh

***update***

I have been in contact with Fisher about a pinpoint depth problem I'm having with my F75. They are having me send the unit in for evaluation/repair. I inquired about having the new digital shielding update applied while they have the unit. I was told the update is not available yet but all the details will be on their website sometime during the first part of November :grin:

Update for F-75

It's all on the Fisher webpage now under Registration/Update.

I purchased the upgrade for my SE yesterday... just waiting on my shipping label

I just received my upgraded SE back from Fisher. I haven't had a chance to try it out yet, so can't speak to performance, but to look at it you'd think it was a new machine. Amazing! I'm anxious to get out with it after Thanksgiving. HH, and Happy Thanksgiving to all.

Camo models

of the 500 F 75's that have the limited edition camo from about five years ago , why do these lose the camo faceplate in the upgrade ? I dont understand.

A lot of people have already sent there's in and got them back.$159 to upgrade a f75ltd, and 300 to turn a f75 in to a f75ltd 2.they also are offering a 3 year transfer able warranty for 99 dollars.

I have the new Fisher F75 SE with all of the upgrades

I have had it for approx a week and love it... NO EMI.... none... :)

I bought it from Bart at BBH... best price and service around!

Thanks Bart!

Gary from Oregon..

Back
Top Bottom