X-Pointer already out of service

Problem with foreign vehicles is when you get hit by an American vehicle My GMC totaled a Toyota and all I need to do is take a sledge to my bumper. I saw a Toyota eject the front seat out the passenger door while the occupants were strapped to the floor. You guys driving those little cars make sure you are Organ donors. I'll settle for 100'000 miles and dropping in a new motor. You can't take gas mileage with you. Especially when you are on fire;)

I know what you mean -

Throw a Chinese & a USA made metal detector off the roof

Chinese detector shatters into a thousand pieces and is no longer working

USA detector breaks in two and is no longer working

I mean, lets face it, who has the time to pick up all those little pieces?

One has to ponder what they would be like if they were used to detect metal instead of being hurled off a roof :laughing:

I know what you mean -

Throw a Chinese & a USA made metal detector off the roof

Chinese detector shatters into a thousand pieces and is no longer working

USA detector breaks in two and is no longer working

I mean, lets face it, who has the time to pick up all those little pieces?

One has to ponder what they would be like if they were used to detect metal instead of being hurled off a roof :laughing:

I run Japanese bikes, Japanese boat motors, Japanese scooters, American vehicles. Someone throws an x pointer or a TRX at you it will hurt the same. Get hit by my '56 F100 and that cheap Chinese steel will explode. I restore American vehicles. Buy a Chinese stamped part and it rots in your workshop before you can install it.

I run Japanese bikes, Japanese boat motors, Japanese scooters, American vehicles. Someone throws an x pointer or a TRX at you it will hurt the same. Get hit by my '56 F100 and that cheap Chinese steel will explode. I restore American vehicles. Buy a Chinese stamped part and it rots in your workshop before you can install it.

Well you have got me there mate -

We lived for the US yank tanks over here -

You guys know how to make rides, thats for sure ;)

My X-Pointer has decided to stop working as well. I have not checked the battery connection. It was fine the day before yesterday when i went out. what happens to these things that they just stop working?

My X-Pointer has decided to stop working as well. I have not checked the battery connection. It was fine the day before yesterday when i went out. what happens to these things that they just stop working?

Makes me nervous about how much longer I can count on mine. When you say it stopped working, does it not turn on, or does not detect? ...just curious.

HDD

You should call the dealer that you got it from. He should be able to tell you where to send it for repair. It has changed a time or two so hopefully he is aware of the current service department. Good Luck :grin:

Makes me nervous about how much longer I can count on mine. When you say it stopped working, does it not turn on, or does not detect? ...just curious.

HDD

It sounds like it was totally dead.

If you got an early one, odds are, it will probably do the same. There is a bunch of them doing the same thing. Good Luck :lol:

There has been several on this Forum with this problem but have not heard of anybody that had a dead one getting a repaired or new one back yet.

Supposedly being sent to NJ or NY. Good Luck :grin:

Like I said from about 1975 to 85. Not 92. Actually from about 1972 to 1985. Heck I remember when GM tried to pull a fast one on consumers when they stuck a Pontiac engine in the Oldsmobiles for a few years. The Olds engines ran a lot longer than the Pontiacs. I think it was around 1977 or so. You should had seen the look on customers faces when we told them they had a Pontiac engine. Anyone remember GM's attempt at a 350 diesel engines around 1979 or so? !!!! all !!!!.

I'll take my chances for $89.99 on a pinpointer that works great for me. If something else comes along that "supposed" to work better well I'll probably buy it and check it out.

Like I said from about 1975 to 85. Not 92. Actually from about 1972 to 1985. Heck I remember when GM tried to pull a fast one on consumers when they stuck a Pontiac engine in the Oldsmobiles for a few years. The Olds engines ran a lot longer than the Pontiacs. I think it was around 1977 or so. You should had seen the look on customers faces when we told them they had a Pontiac engine. Anyone remember GM's attempt at a 350 diesel engines around 1979 or so? !!!! all !!!!.

I'll take my chances for $89.99 on a pinpointer that works great for me. If something else comes along that "supposed" to work better well I'll probably buy it and check it out.

My dad was a mechanic for GM. Years ago some auto worker got pissed off and put bearings in the metal above the interior. You find out after you buy the car and make a hard turn. He had a collection of bearings where thy had to take apart car interiors for a mystery noise. Not sure what they told the consumer?:lol:

I was watching the KC Royals play off game last night. I saw players wearing Nike and Under Armor. I saw Mizuno gloves, shoes and bats. All of that is made in China. I would venture to say that even their hats and uniforms are made in Asia but that's a guess because I couldn't see the tags!? I do know that the special clay they rub on the balls is made in the US. So here we have our American pastime sport mostly wearing and using equipment made out of the US. So what is the big deal in using an $89.99 pinpointer that works pretty darn good?

Yeah, it doesn't turn on.
It has a 2 year warranty like the Garretts and Whites. Send it in. You will most likely just be sent a new upgraded unit with the screw and nut on the battery terminals. Mine was a 7 day turn around. If you had a Garrett Propointer that died in a few weeks you would send that one in for service so there is no difference. When my Garrett Propointer went bad after 4 months I sent it in. I figured they would just send me a new one. But they said the coil went bad and replaced it. That was a 2-1/2 week turn around.

Best solution Shiddigs, is to get a refund and be done with the situation. New screw terminals and it still does not detect all metals effectively does not seem to be a logical answer no matter the length of what they call a warranty.

I was watching the KC Royals play off game last night. I saw players wearing Nike and Under Armor. I saw Mizuno gloves, shoes and bats. All of that is made in China. I would venture to say that even their hats and uniforms are made in Asia but that's a guess because I couldn't see the tags!? I do know that the special clay they rub on the balls is made in the US. So here we have our American pastime sport mostly wearing and using equipment made out of the US. So what is the big deal in using an $89.99 pinpointer that works pretty darn good?

Good point

Minelab CTX Dirty30-Teknetics T2 Se

Mine died yesterday. I was out hunting and it was working fine, then I went to power it on for a target and nothing. I thought the battery died so I went back to my truck and got a new battery (out of the package) but still nothing. If you press on the battery it powers on but will not power on with the battery cap screwed on. I'm sending mine back today, they are sending me a new one.

It appears to me that their after sales service is far better than what we are accustomed to -

Nice one Deteknix X-Pointer ;)

It appears to me that their after sales service is far better than what we are accustomed to -

Nice one Deteknix X-Pointer ;)

Attachments

• dead horse.jpg
    dead horse.jpg
    65 KB · Views: 97
I see 'Tag Team TRX' are still alive and kicking then -

Did you manage to get your faulty X-Pointer sorted then or is it still stuck in whinge mode??? :laughing:

Oops & now a word from our sponsor -

"Garret is running a price discount on their propointer, please call or text me for your price!"

Seems like this dead horse you and your girlfriend are laughing about is having a detrimental affect on those faulty Garrett Pro Pointers -

Now if a Chinese manufactured piece of plastic (rubbish according to some) can help bring down the price of US made goods, then that's got to be a good thing right?

Any of you two know when Whites will be dropping their pants on the almighty TRX?

Back
Top Bottom