X-Pointer already out of service

pine3874

Elite Member
Still on my first battery and all of a sudden my new X-Pointer stops working. At first I thought that the battery was dead, but when I opened it up and took out the battery I saw that the positive contact inside the pinpointer had broken off. I called TheGoldDiggers and was told that this was a problem with the first batch and they have now fix the problem and if I send the x-pointer to Blue Bay Detectors they will send me a new one. I will be shipping it on Monday and hope all goes well. Not a happy camper since at the moment I don't have a backup.

Who is Blue Bay Detectors?? I thought the deal was to send it to The Gold Diggers. They were all set up to repair them.

I went to Blue Bay web page. Kind of not much information besides they "Drop Ship" and want you to be a dealer. Could not find a physical address or phone # anywhere. Sounds like an Amway thing.

I wonder if they can beat Garrett's turn around of about 7 days.

Keep us updated. Good Luck :lol: :lol:

They are not only soldering those connectors they are adding a tiny screw and nut. That's about the only bug that's came up with them. All new products have some growing pains.

Who is Blue Bay Detectors?? I thought the deal was to send it to The Gold Diggers. They were all set up to repair them.

Likely located in Red China. :roll: Kind of disappointed you get told to ship to elsewhere now. Wish I'd have saved up and bought a second TRX for a good friends Christmas gift. The bad ones getting a lump of X pointer:lol:

I see where they are now selling fake X pointers. It is a shame now that you cannot tell the difference between the bad ones and the real bad ones.:wow:

I went to Blue Bay web page. Kind of not much information besides they "Drop Ship" and want you to be a dealer. Could not find a physical address or phone # anywhere. Sounds like an Amway thing.

I wonder if they can beat Garrett's turn around of about 7 days.

Keep us updated. Good Luck :lol: :lol:

I wouldn't think so - I am sure after the hundreds of Pro-Pointers needing to be replaced or repaired I am sure they have their turn-a-round time finally sorted:laughing:

At least allow Deteknix to at least get a few repairs under their belt before worrying about turn around times

I see where they are now selling fake X pointers. It is a shame now that you cannot tell the difference between the bad ones and the real bad ones.:wow:

Easy enough -

The bad ones as you put it would be the X-Pointer & the real bad ones have Garrett written on them -

Now that wasn't: too hard was it?:laughing:

Easy enough -

The bad ones as you put it would be the X-Pointer & the real bad ones have Garrett written on them -

Now that wasn't: too hard was it?:laughing:

You are right. It wasn't hard at all.

xpoint.jpg

A fake pro pointer.jpg

They are not only soldering those connectors they are adding a tiny screw and nut. That's about the only bug that's came up with them. All new products have some growing pains.

Is this knowledge from having one that fell apart?? :lol: Or do you own stock in the company?

I wonder if this is the same company as Blue Bay detectors. It would not surprise me.

My early research on this item and warranty information seemed to indicate that they do not have a repair facility per say, only exchange for failed units. It is beginning to look like they are going to be pretty busy.:shock:

One would assume that it actually takes longer to repair than replace so on that note I would expect turn-a-round times to be fast as they are NOT doctoring up a dodgy item and sending it back to the owner, in fact they are sending new ones out as replacements -

OMG how dare they :laughing::lol::laughing:

MaineHunter - do you actually own or have used a X-Pointer or are you just anti-chinese gear?

I would have thought that any manufacturer that can provide tools at an affordable price would be welcome in our hobby - apparently nOT - what are you going to do when the last of US manufacturing goes offshore?

One would assume that it actually takes longer to repair than replace so on that note I would expect turn-a-round times to be fast as they are NOT doctoring up a dodgy item and sending it back to the owner, in fact they are sending new ones out as replacements -

OMG how dare they :laughing::lol::laughing:

MaineHunter - do you actually own or have used a X-Pointer or are you just anti-chinese gear?

I would have thought that any manufacturer that can provide tools at an affordable price would be welcome in our hobby - apparently nOT - what are you going to do when the last of US manufacturing goes offshore?

I have not actually heard of anybody that has received a new one yet, so the jury is still out on that one.

I have not had the misfortune of having to use an xpointer. Like I stated I have a Whites TRX and I KNOW that if it acts up they will take care of it.

I am anti buying untried and unproven Chinese first time products. If I wanted to gamble, I'll buy a lottery ticket.

Like I said, everybody can do what makes them happy. Buy all the xpointers you want. What I prefer to do is of no consequence to anyone.

Thanks for having such faith in the USA.

If one were to assume that the distributor was concerned about time, then they would accept a notification of a failed unit and ship a replacement pointer along with a return paid label for the return using the same box. They also would not be picking out some third party to send it to.

Blue Bay Detectors is a Detector dealer and works with Ron Deghetto of Gold Digger Metal Detectors. They have both been in the detecting community for sometime.

Blue Bay Detectors is a Detector dealer and works with Ron Deghetto of Gold Digger Metal Detectors. They have both been in the detecting community for sometime.

Thank you for that information.

At first there was no warranty specified, then it was Gold Digger, now send it to Blue Bay.

His web page was a little vague. Where is Blue Bay located?

I hope for everybody that purchases an xpointer has good luck with it and any servicing that they might need.

no good

I had one do the same thing from the first batch and now it happened again on my second one from the second shipment......I am going to get a refund and stick with Garrett

Blue Bay Detector
175 Cider Mills loop
Wappinger Falls NY 12590

This is the USA service center for X-pointers purchased from a USA metal detecting dealer.

I'm a dealer and have sold quite a few. So far, only one defective unit and it was replaced quickly.

Wayne

Back
Top Bottom