Where to part with your gold...

I will have to check out both sites ans see which is the best. Would like reviews from members here as well. Thanks

The smart thing to do right now is to get your payment for your gold in silver.

From what I hear, you can gauge how fast the US dollar looses value by simply watching gold gain value. If/When the USD becomes worthless gold will drop off dramatically.

Watch the international news,(because you won't see most of this kinda stuff on the US mainstream media) the Chinese are getting really upset with the whole USD situation and a few countries have ALREADY stopped trading in USD. Iran has completely stopped selling any of its oil for U.S. dollars. China is calling for a new global currency.

"China, Russia, Japan and France plan to end dollar dealings for oil, moving instead to a basket of currencies including the Japanese yen and Chinese yuan, the euro, gold and a new, unified currency planned for nations in the Gulf Co-operation Council, including Saudi Arabia, Abu Dhabi, Kuwait and Qatar."*

*(Quoted from: http://www.gata.org/node/7860 )

The smart thing to do right now is to get your payment for your gold in silver.

From what I hear, you can gauge how fast the US dollar looses value by simply watching gold gain value. If/When the USD becomes worthless gold will drop off dramatically.

Watch the international news,(because you won't see most of this kinda stuff on the US mainstream media) the Chinese are getting really upset with the whole USD situation and a few countries have ALREADY stopped trading in USD. Iran has completely stopped selling any of its oil for U.S. dollars. China is calling for a new global currency.

"China, Russia, Japan and France plan to end dollar dealings for oil, moving instead to a basket of currencies including the Japanese yen and Chinese yuan, the euro, gold and a new, unified currency planned for nations in the Gulf Co-operation Council, including Saudi Arabia, Abu Dhabi, Kuwait and Qatar."*

*(Quoted from: http://www.gata.org/node/7860 )

actually I cashed the check from Midwest Refineries and used the proceeds to purchase American Silver Eagles on ebay. this is a little complicated but if you can follow you can save 8% on your purchase and lower your purchase price for ASE's to < $2 over spot. I bought a roll (20) for $415 and another for $420 on 3/4/10 (spot silver has risen ~ .50/ounce since then). I'm getting $67.60 back from Bing/Microsoft on the purchase. $835/40 = $20.875 per ASE and with the discount the price was $768/40 = $19.20 (note - I didn't factor shipping but you can see that I'm getting the coins < $2 over spot which is fantastic - I contacted some local dealers that quoted me $4 over spot per coin)

go to www.bing.com and set up an account
go to shopping/cashback stores
find Ebay in list
find cheapest Buy it Now auction for "American Silver Eagle Roll" (you will see a little yellow coin next to auctions that qualify)
Buy it Now! (pay w/ paypal)
you will receive an email showing your discount - hold time on the refund is a few weeks to make sure that you don't return the item but I've cashed out several times now with no problem (including an $800 refund on a Tag Heuer watch that I bought my girl)

if inflation starts picking up...and it will...this will work out just fine for me.

I could get into how the exchange traded funds are going to affect the value of silver and gold (hoarding the metals, thus reducing available supply, etc.) but that's a conversation for another day

disclaimer: I'm not very confident on the future purchasing power of the USD and own physical silver and gold (e.g. I'm biased)

I'm assuming that link was posted to discredit the quote... Sorry, I should have pointed out the following.

That website simply carried the story, It was written by Robert Fisk. Here's a little quote about good ol' Bob the author: "Fisk holds more British and International Journalism awards than any other foreign correspondent."*

*(Quoted from: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robert_Fisk )

Fisk is a top notch foreign correspondent, no doubt about it. But what credentials does he have to qualify him as an expert on this subject? I didn't see anything in his wiki to support his expertise on this subject.

In the past, the price of silver has been heavily (and easily) manipulated.
Just Google "Hunt brothers" as an example.

Fisk is a top notch foreign correspondent, no doubt about it. But what credentials does he have to qualify him as an expert on this subject? I didn't see anything in his wiki to support his expertise on this subject.

In the past, the price of silver has been heavily (and easily) manipulated.
Just Google "Hunt brothers" as an example.

I guess I don't understand. Are you saying that a seasoned reporter needs to be an expert on a subject in order to write a credible article? As far as I'm concerned his track record and outstanding history of reporting the news is all the credibility the man needs.

I don't think he would risk his career by falsely stating that China, Russia, Japan and France are planning to end dollar dealings for oil.

I'm sure he has his "sources" as does every credible journalist.
Bloomberg BusinessWeek also carried the story by Mr. Fisk. I doubt they would risk their credibility by posting it if they saw falsehoods in his reporting of the story.

I guess I don't understand. Are you saying that a seasoned reporter needs to be an expert on a subject in order to write a credible article? As far as I'm concerned his track record and outstanding history of reporting the news is all the credibility the man needs.

I don't think he would risk his career by falsely stating that China, Russia, Japan and France are planning to end dollar dealings for oil.

I'm sure he has his "sources" as does every credible journalist.
Bloomberg BusinessWeek also carried the story by Mr. Fisk. I doubt they would risk their credibility by posting it if they saw falsehoods in his reporting of the story.

Lets revisit this thread in March 2011.

I am new to the forum and would like to know, if the jewelry you find is in good condition, is it better to have the jewelry appraised for it's value and sell it that way, or have it melted? What if you find jewelry that have stones in them? I know we have a local jewelry store in Eatontown, NJ that does a large part of their business buying what they call "estate jewelry.

Let me know

You would get more if sold to someone, but you will only get melt value if you go to one of these companies. If you need the money quick and just want to get rid of all of it at once than sell it as melt value. If you can find someone to buy it than sell it that way.

I have been buying/selling silver and gold on eBay for a while, and you will get a good price for gold coins there if you take really good pictures of your items, especially since gold doesn't deteriorate from simple exposure.

JMHO...

--Rr

i sent in my first batch to ara after gulfhunter (posts on another site) stopped using midwest. i should have the results in a day or three. will post the transaction details as soon as i get them.
donald

Back
Top Bottom