Close to home find?

Iv'e lived in my 1940's house for 17 years and there has never been a cop in my backyard in that time. There has to be a story of how the Sheriff belt buckle ended up there.
20180322_220333.jpg

One special memory I have of front yard detecting is of finding my very first coin: a 1975 D Lincoln memorial. Even more memorable for me was finding my first wheat cent, also in my front yard: a 1957 D.

Cool thread idea. :waytogo:

At a park nearby park about 2-3 minutes away I found my first and only wheatie: 1945. :woot:

Hey, Wolfie, you're forgetting something. ;) What about the cool little train from our front yard? That one is among my favorites of your finds. :D

My house was built in 1925, but on older farm land. Oldest find was an 1840 something LC. Also dug a small buckle with an 1864 patent date. Coolest find was a dog tax tag with my town name on it from 1926. I can only imagine that it was from the original home owners dog. I thought that was pretty neat.

I found a no date buff. and 1947 Washington in my back yard, and a hand full of .38 spec. unfired bullets in the curb in the front of my house.

A 1957 Franklin Half on a old logging trail just below the house, and a 1916 Wheatie out in the middle of the flipping woods on my property.

Attachments

• half dollar.jpg
    half dollar.jpg
    47.4 KB · Views: 62
  • half dollar b.jpg
    half dollar b.jpg
    45.6 KB · Views: 57
A silver claddagh ring actually made in Dublin, Ireland. Also a 1947 dog tag. No silver coins though. The house was built in 1925, but the only other previous owners were a couple with no kids. I think it was a farm field before 1925.

My yard finds

Attachments

• 57C69F1A-764C-4D53-B3F9-9BE4F04F1796.jpg
    57C69F1A-764C-4D53-B3F9-9BE4F04F1796.jpg
    64.1 KB · Views: 55
Well, my parents house where I grew up was in a neighborhood located on huge Union encampments. Didn’t realize that until I was older. My mother pulled several three ringers out of her flower beds and then when I finally got a good detector in my 30’s I hit their yard first. Found some more bullets, a gold wedding ring, and then a total shocker when I unearthed my first Connecticut copper, 1787.

First silver

Just wondering what's the most interesting find you've pulled up out of your own yard/property.

So far a 1940 wheatie is the most interesting for me.

What say you?

My house was built in 35. I found my first silver, a 57 GW. Also I have found 2 Rosies and 2 Mercs. The Mercs were in the same plug with two Wheaties right next to them. I have found a bunch of Wheaties, the oldest was a 1918. I found that with the eTrac on the 4th of July, the same day I found the coinspill. But my coolest find so far was in my backyard, it was a 1892 Columbian Worlds Exposition Medal from the 1893 Chicago's Worlds Fair. That was found with the AT Pro at 12in. down. Good luck to all. Mark

My house was built in '42. I found several wheats, a war nickel and silver Rosie in that back plus a junk kids ring. In my front yard I found an old pocket spill of several '40's nickels, wheats and a very worn early Merc.

Yep, Union and Confederate troops in my yard. Missing a bayonet that my grandfather found in the garden when I was a kid. Don't know what happened to it. This stuff was found within the last 5 years. I also have about 4 dozen more grommets.

That is crazy!!! You my friend are lucky!!!!

... Hey, Wolfie, you're forgetting something. ;) What about the cool little train from our front yard? That one is among my favorites of your finds. :D

I did forget about that! :shock: The below pic is pretty much all the cool things I found last year, but only 3 of the buttons, the train, bullet casings, sinker, sunglasses, square nails, automotive AC tag, and Stevens Steel Guitar Slide were found in my yard. :D

picture.php

Back
Top Bottom