nox question

nwohio

Forum Supporter
I moved from Ohio to VA to Myrtle Beach. My E-trac is/was awesome in the dirt.

At the beach down here it will find good stuff in the dry sand but gets choppy in wet sand and not being water proof I stay clear of anything other than a few inches of water.

Thinking about a nox 600 to get into the water.

How buoyant is the coil in the water? Does it stay down or do you fight it trying to raise. Had a pure water machine once and had to weigh down the coil to keep it from running away.

Having a great dirt machine, maybe I don't need the 600 so is there a good water machine out there for less than the 600 that has good target id?

Thanks

I moved from Ohio to VA to Myrtle Beach. My E-trac is/was awesome in the dirt.

At the beach down here it will find good stuff in the dry sand but gets choppy in wet sand and not being water proof I stay clear of anything other than a few inches of water.

Thinking about a nox 600 to get into the water.

How buoyant is the coil in the water? Does it stay down or do you fight it trying to raise. Had a pure water machine once and had to weigh down the coil to keep it from running away.

Having a great dirt machine, maybe I don't need the 600 so is there a good water machine out there for less than the 600 that has good target id?

Thanks

IMO, the Etrac's VDI is superior for coin shooting at the beach. You also have some massive amounts of ground to cover and there are big coils readily available to help you do just that. (Hint, hint, the WOT is fantastic!)

Its getting easier and easier to pick up good, used CZ21 or Excals in the $5-800 range. Just saw one on CL posted for $600 that allegedly had just been serviced with new seals and a battery. So that ain't a bad idea having two machines, each designed and outfitted for a specific purpose. Heck if one goes down, you'll have a backup. This is especially important when storms are hitting the beach and timing is key to getting the goodies!

Otherwise, as an all-purpose machine the NOX works great. In the water, the coil is neutrally buoyant and is just like swinging the Excal. Well, with the exception that the NOX's control unit creates more drag and is a little harder to swing. Might want to also keep in mind, with the NOX, you'll still have to buy the waterproof phones to use it in the water.

Back
Top Bottom