If I buy the car will they give me permission to detect?

Iggyks

Elite Member
Car shopping on FB marketplace... the old Metro doesn't do much for me but would love to swing around those old buildings!! :D

Attachments

• Car NA bldgs.jpg
    Car NA bldgs.jpg
    128 KB · Views: 258
That's an extreme way to get a permission, but hey, just ask ! :lol:

(maybe they'll let you detect there even without buying the car !)

Just because they took the pic there, doesn't mean they own the property.
Just sayin'.

Roger

Car shopping on FB marketplace... the old Metro doesn't do much for me but would love to swing around those old buildings!! :D

With a tint job like that, how can you pass it up? :laughing:

I'd play like you wanted to see the car and then while you're there bring up metal detecting!

Buy the car...think about it...it can be a dedicated detecting car. Never have to take you gear out of the trunk to fit groceries or bags of cat litter.....no one will complain about that bucket of rust and slaw sitting in the foot well....that gas tank could probably remain filled with just your clad....won’t have to vacuum it out twice a week.....can probably dig out your old cassette collection and jam some Styx on the way to a new permission....all those scratches from laying your detector on the hood to change the coil will be irrelevant....won’t get jacked in the questionable downtown spots.....can probably pick it up with three guys if you get stuck in another corn field....pieces of dug tin will repurpose nicely to cover any pesky rust holes....

Annnd you get the permission? Win Win!

Buy the car...think about it...it can be a dedicated detecting car. Never have to take you gear out of the trunk to fit groceries or bags of cat litter.....no one will complain about that bucket of rust and slaw sitting in the foot well....that gas tank could probably remain filled with just your clad....won’t have to vacuum it out twice a week.....can probably dig out your old cassette collection and jam some Styx on the way to a new permission....all those scratches from laying your detector on the hood to change the coil will be irrelevant....won’t get jacked in the questionable downtown spots.....can probably pick it up with three guys if you get stuck in another corn field....pieces of dug tin will repurpose nicely to cover any pesky rust holes....

Annnd you get the permission? Win Win!

Deep wisdom. Really deep. Life experience deep. Love it!

:laughing::laughing: I'd be all over buying that car for a dedicated Detecting Rig like Teo said! That little Geo with the Toyota engine, as long as you keep oil in it, will go well over 300k! Cheap and easy to repair! Nobody would ever steal or break into it! New 14" Sams Club skins and that baby could climb a tree!

The big plus about buying such a rig, is its so stinky and ugly, the Wife will say she will "NEVER be caught dead in it!" Which doesnt make any sense? Certainly she could! Simply fold down the rear seats and pop open the hatchback!:laughing::laughing:

I could easily walk outside right now, jump into Rosie, and run away from home! Everything I need to start Life over is inside! I'll find gas money along the way!

Attachments

• rosie.jpg
    rosie.jpg
    47.1 KB · Views: 77
  • sherman2.jpg
    sherman2.jpg
    45 KB · Views: 85
  • spring cleaning2.jpg
    spring cleaning2.jpg
    37.9 KB · Views: 86
  • three rigs.jpg
    three rigs.jpg