Whites vx3 tips

kozman4907

Elite Member
I just upgraded to a Whites vx3. I am hanging up my MXT. I was looking for a machine to provide multi freqs to help cut through the salt beach and still be able to hunt dry land. I am not going deep into water but wet sand hunts on NJ shore.

So any members have some tips for that would be awesome.

HH Koz

Well,
The Whites Vx3 and V3i,,neither are multifreq.

Will not be stable or as stable on salt beach,,vs a true multi freq unit like Minelab CTX, or even an etrac.

Now the detectors do offer different freq in which they can be operated.
And even use like 3 freqs that alternate--- but not the same as a true multifrequency detector.

At least this is the way I understand it.

I am sure some others here will comment.

Rudy knows a lot about this topic,,for sure.

VX3 and V3i run 3 freqs at the same time or individually. User selectable. 3khz, 15khz, and 22khz. Definitely multi freq.

Well,

Will not be stable or as stable on salt beach,,vs a true multi freq unit like Minelab CTX, or even an etrac.

And even use like 3 freqs that alternate--- but not the same as a true multifrequency detector.

I think your mistaken the vx3-- v3i both run on three freqs. 1 high 1 mid 1 low.

As far as tips, there is a salt compensate mode that can be activated in the expert menu....also don't try to run a super hot program you can run your RXG at mid range to even low and get plenty of depth. ....it can get way too chatty if you crank it up past 11 or 12 on the RXG. ...also sensitivity should be 84 to 82 in my opinion, some go up to 90, but that seems to be susceptible to emi..also more chatty. .

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

first trip to shore was fun

I ran the vx3 in coin and jewelry mode in the dry sand she was stable. I found some clad coins. Little in the way of targets. Beach replacement going on the area I hunted.

I was able to pull few coins in the low tide area. All clad. I learned that I really needed to keep my swing level and smooth. It would false is I struck the wet sand. I ran the salt compensate mode in the wet sand.

It was key to ground balance the machine in each environment. Dry sand GB--wet sand GB.

I am sure I will be finding good targets as soon as people drop them for me...:p

I am very satisfied in how the vx3 performed.

Well,

Actually you have the two companies reversed, white's shoot all three frequencies simultaneously. The Minelab FBS, shoot many frequencies, but alternating, so not all 28 are at the same time. How many are transmitted at the same time, I do not remember. But both will transmit multiple frequencies at the same time.

Actually you have the two companies reversed, white's shoot all three frequencies simultaneously. The Minelab FBS, shoot many frequencies, but alternating, so not all 28 are at the same time. How many are transmitted at the same time, I do not remember. But both will transmit multiple frequencies at the same time.

Okay,,I have a question for you then.

How many wires in the coils harnesses for V3i???

And didn't the coils for DFX actually perform on V3i,,even though they were not vrated,, meaning they skewed the 22.5 kHz info.

So my question is,,just where are these additional wires for these additional freqs to be transmitted down to the coil???

I mean if simultaneous like you say,,2 different freqs can't share the same wire,, right???

Now it would seem the same wire could be shared-- if indeed the freqs were being alternated.

And let's not forget even coils that work on single freq mxt unit will function on Vx3 and V3i.

So if I buy a new aftermarket coil that will work properly on mxt and Vx3,,, which 2 wires in the harness can I cut-- and still be able to use the coil properly with MXT??

And didn't the coils for DFX actually perform on V3i,,even though they were not vrated,, meaning they skewed the 22.5 kHz info.

So my question is,,just where are these additional wires for these additional freqs to be transmitted down to the coil???

I mean if simultaneous like you say,,2 different freqs can't share the same wire,, right???

Now it would seem the same wire could be shared-- if indeed the freqs were being alternated.

And let's not forget even coils that work on single freq mxt unit will function on Vx3 and V3i.

So if I buy a new aftermarket coil that will work properly on mxt and Vx3,,, which 2 wires in the harness can I cut-- and still be able to use the coil properly with MXT??

Without looking both my, ML & White's have 4, no more than five.

So if you are indicating, that you need a separate wire for each frequency your CTX Would need 28+ pin connectors. Or your AM/FM radio would need a separate antenna to receive radio station.

I'm not a electrical engineer, your beef is not with me. Ease up. Everyone makes a mistake.

Its a bit more complicated than this as but..
transmitting 3 frequencies does not mean you need multiple wires for each frequency. There is a transmit coil and a receive coil Each frequency produce a stable magnetic field that sets up a stable weak field and current in the receive coil for each and every frequency.. When metal enters that transmit stable field it causes Changes in phase ( frequency shift) and/or voltage changes within the receive coil. These changes are then processed by the computer..
DFX is 2 frequencies at all times, V series is 3. You choose to have the machine report all or any of the them singularly. But they are always transmitting all of their frequencies at once. This is not radio waves either.. it is a magnetic field which resonates at the frequency that is creating it.

Think of it like sound.. your speakers produces sound (frequencies) form 20kHz to 20,000 kHz with just 2 wires.. it is nothing like that but the point is you don't need individual wires..

Whether or not they alternate or not I have no idea nor does it really matter.. The DFX will run silently (assuming no targets) from dry to wet and back again same goes for the Vs

Hope that helps..

For beach hunting the 950 is probably the best coil to use.. This is true on the DFX and suggested by some of the folks over on whites forum that have owned Vs for a long time . I personally have tried the U13 on the beach with the DFX and I can run the 950 hotter and it is less chatty run hot when you bump it than the DDs. Being a flat bottom it slides nicely on the sand, can't really do that with the D2 or U13

Let us know how you like it Kozeman.

If I'm not mistaken their is a MD Dealer, on here that hunts beaches quite a bit here that prefers the 3 frequency V3i for that type of hunting.

The V3i will do great in salt water and dry and wet sand. I ran mine at Padre Island earlier this year and it never falsed. It was extremely deep in the wet sand using just the standard coin and jewelry program and the salt setting. At times it ran so quiet I found myself checking the machine with a coin from my pocket.:laughing:

I had this same "the V3i is not a multi frequency machine" conversation with some of my club members this weekend at our national hunt. I hate it when people think they know what they are talking about and still argue when you prove them wrong.

TNSS - White's V3i and VX3

So if I buy a new aftermarket coil that will work properly on mxt and Vx3,,, which 2
wires in the harness can I cut-- and still be able to use the coil properly with MXT??

TNSS

I thought you previously ran a V3i?

The V3i and VX3 transmit 3 frequencies simultaneously. The frequencies are 2.5 kHz, 7.5 kHz, and 22.5 kHz. These frequencies are a multiple of 3 (I.e. 2.5 x 3 = 7.5) and 7.5 x 3 = 22.5). This harmonic progression aids in tuning a wide-band coil. The V-Rated coils are deeply nulled. Which means the coils are tuned so the receive and transmit coils are electronically isolated so the copper windings in each coil do not cause interfere with each other. Your XP Deus has a similar type of coil because the Deus can transit different frequencies but not concurrently. I believe you've also listed you ran an E-Trac. There aren't 28 different coil windings in the FBS coils. Also the Teknetic "Greek" coils are compatible with the G2 / G2+ as well as the Fisher F-19 kHz and Gold Bug and vice-versa

The White's coils have 5 pins, 2 are transmit, 2 are receive and one 1 is ground.

I hope this helps your understanding.

GB & HH,
Alan

Let us know how you like it Kozeman.

If I'm not mistaken their is a MD Dealer, on here that hunts beaches quite a bit here that prefers the 3 frequency V3i for that type of hunting.

OK I ran it in coin & jewlery mode in the dry sand towl line to dunes. She ran perfect. little chatter and dug lots of clad. I found it helpful to GB a few times as the machine was tracking lot.

At low tide I hit wet sand and found more clad, few sinkers. I noticed that I had to GB if went from dry to wet. other than that I ran in salt compensate mode when in wet sand.

I am very happy and I dup zinc penny a good 8 inches in wet sand. That is plenty deep enough for this guy.

HH Koz

That is good depth on the penny. I have heard that the beaches on the upper coast can have a lot of mineralization which contributes to the chatter. It makes single frequency machines unusable or severely limits their depth. The Texas coast is pretty mild and allows the V3 to run quiet.

Back
Top Bottom