Sterling Native American Bird Mark. What is it?

digginsilver

Hello everyone. Today I found a Sterling native American bracelet on the ground with a bird makers mark. I've been trying to figure out what the mark is but have had no luck. I am currently trying to find the owner so I'm not going to post a pic of the whole bracelet, just the Sterling and bird stamp. I'm just curious as to who made the piece because it is really a nice piece. If I have no luck tracking down the owner I will post pics of it. And if I do find the owner then I'll probably have a cool return post to go with the photos of the bracelet.
Thanks in advance for any help. HH!

Good luck on that one diggin. Just checked through the Southwest listings and didn't see it. Hope you get to do a return! GL&HH!

Maybe try googling "eagle jewelry, hawk jewelry, dove jewelry, or falcon jewelry" The maker may have used a specific bird as their unique company logo.

Looks like a Christian dove to me, which wouldn't be Native American, so that probably doesn't help!

If it is genuine Native American made it would have a number engraved on the inside of the band. It's required.

Thanks for the help everyone. I've googled everything I could think of to try to find and no luck. There's no number, that I recall, but I'll take a closer look with a loupe. I'm just assuming it's native because of the design and stones used.
Thanks again everyone for the suggestions.
HH!

I've checked all of my sources and am coming up empty as far as the maker's name, but did find one reference with a similar bird figure on a Hopi style bracelet... http://925-1000.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=33751

One note though, someone above said that all native made silver has to have a number... Now, that may be true of newly made pieces, (I have not heard that before but okay...) but definitely is not true of older work.

Much of the old pawn and trade jewelry is not even signed, let alone numbered, but was indeed made by Native American artists.

The number has been required for over 40yrs that I'm aware of. I bought a lot of it (trunk loads) out of New Mexico back in the '70s.

Back
Top Bottom