1818 Coronet Head

Digger-Dave

Forum Supporter
Got out last night for a hunt around this old reservoir near me.

I managed a small amount of clad and then this happened.

I get this average depth 82 signal. I figured a clad dime of a copper Lincoln might be under the coil. At that point, that's all that was around.

Well, after using some elbow grease I pulled this 1818 Coronet Head out from under some tree roots.

Really a weird signal! Every copper I've dug has given me a signal similar to a clad quarter, unless it was like down 7 inches.

Now I have more ammunition to throw at those pesky raccoons that invade my yard! :shock: ;) :D

Attachments

• IMG_0140A.jpg
    IMG_0140A.jpg
    62.8 KB · Views: 364
  • IMG_0148A.jpg
    IMG_0148A.jpg
    67.5 KB · Views: 343
Really nice coin! Love big coppers!! HH!

I don't know if you get the same idea, but when looking down I keep saying to myself....."Don't be a button....Don't be a button....".

Any old copper that I can get ID and get a date off of is a great find. After a long time, the ground can just dissolve these things.

I don't know if you get the same idea, but when looking down I keep saying to myself....."Don't be a button....Don't be a button....".

Any old copper that I can get ID and get a date off of is a great find. After a long time, the ground can just dissolve these things.

BINGO! I dug a Braided Hair the other day and was ...Please no button...please no button.....lol

That LC should clean up nicely. Some olive oil and a good toothpicking ought to make it real purty.

Clean LC's are important to their flight path and targeting. Also, Raccoons can hear the corrosion whistling in the wind and they will run to safety.

I need to go out to a random patch of grass so I can pull an arbitrarty number of Large Cents. I am down to my last Home Depot bucket full, and the varmin can detect I am running low on ammo and will soon launch their counter offensive.

Back
Top Bottom