Date on souvenir Arrowhead?

SalemDan

I found this at a permission with most items running 1960's - present. This was much deeper than most, about 6 inches. Sorry for the poor images, having a time getting phone to focus.

Any ideas on dating? anyone else ever seen one? it's copper and quite heavy.

Attachments

• arr.jpg
    arr.jpg
    42.8 KB · Views: 215
  • arr2.jpg
    arr2.jpg
    39.8 KB · Views: 209
well old Tucson studio was built in 1939 by Columbia Pictures.

Thanks bibelot - BBsGal likely has the right date, - but since it's not marked I think I get to pick any valid date - so 1939ish, it's one of the most frequently used rulings in the Metal Detecting Item Identification Rule Book! :laughing:

One on a sale site says it's from the 1980s. https://www.etsy.com/il-en/listing/458559570/old-tucson-movie-studio-souvenir-solid

I'd just about bet they sold those things from the 1940s on. I remember seeing stuff like that at just about every "tourist trap" type joint we stopped at back in the 60s when traveling in the southwest.

Thanks BBsgal! I've hunted for something similar several times online and never looked on etsy. Somewhere in the attic I've got a box full of family road trip collectibles! I'm afraid my rubber tomahawk and my coon skin Davie Crocket hat are long gone, but this might fit in nice with my pewter Pepe le pew and my fake confederate money! :D

Back
Top Bottom