• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Jerry Van Dyke passes...

DIGGER27

In Memory Of
Alabama, by way of Detroit, Tampa Bay, Alabama and
A naturally funny guy, maybe funnier than his brother, died yesterday afternoon at 86.
4 Emmy nominations for his role in coach but he was in many shows over the years as well as entertaining troops at military bases for years.

Very funny in his brother role he played in the Dick Van Dyke show where he started, but his mumbling, bumbling character worked in so many more.

He had his first starring role in a horrible 1965 sitcom called My Mother The Car which was based on a real bad idea even for the 60's, but his work in it plus the great over acting of Avery Schreiber made it watchable.
To me anyway, but I was only 10 at the time.

RIP Jerry...you made us laugh.

http://www.foxnews.com/entertainmen...n-dyke-comedian-and-actor-dead-at-age-86.html

You can still see reruns of The Dick Van Dyke show, with episodes that include his brother Jerry.

jerryvandyke.jpg

He was a funny guy !!! His goofiness on the Dick Van Dyke show was great and I loved the Banjo. RIP Jerry

RIP Jerry!

REMEMBERING JERRY VAN DYKE- The star of the infamous "My Mother The Car" has passed at 86. He is survived by his Mother, a 1928 Porter Touring Car:

Attachments

• D438E589-B415-4DCB-AF84-5CC6ABCD5EF2.jpeg
    D438E589-B415-4DCB-AF84-5CC6ABCD5EF2.jpeg
    65 KB · Views: 60
RIP Jerry!

REMEMBERING JERRY VAN DYKE- The star of the infamous "My Mother The Car" has passed at 86. He is survived by his Mother, a 1928 Porter Touring Car:

That car used to be privately owned by William Harrah and spent time in his museum in Reno.
At least one or two others owned it too and last September it was again sold at auction to another owner for $50,000.

It was supposed to be a 1928 Porter but that one was created from a 1924 Ford Model T, with other parts from a Maxwell, a Hudson and a Chevrolet.

Attachments

• photostudio_1515339214344.jpg
    photostudio_1515339214344.jpg
    113.5 KB · Views: 58
I recently saw a program on TV that stated Jerry Van Dyke was offered the part of Gilligan (Gilligans Island) but turned it down so Bob Denver was given the part. RIP Jerry Van Dyke

I recently saw a program on TV that stated Jerry Van Dyke was offered the part of Gilligan (Gilligans Island) but turned it down so Bob Denver was given the part. RIP Jerry Van Dyke

That is true.

As for "My Mother The Car", I always thought that show got a bad rap, just because some TV critics hated it back then. I can think of many worse shows (especially nowdays!).

Back
Top Bottom