I Got Some More Practice In With My Nokta Fors CoRe

beephead

Elite Member
I got a couple more permissions today and another one lined up for another day. I started the day off finding nothing but a bunch of wheat pennies (14 of them) and a bunch of clad. With that many wheat pennies I just knew that there had to be at least one silver coin there as well and I wasn't leaving that site until I found one. Finally, I got a Rosie cornered under an ole magnolia tree. I knew it was silver before I even dug.

I headed out to find another site to detect. I saw a truck parked at a rental home and stopped to talk to the guy driving the truck. Come to find out his brother owns the house and he was doing maintenance work on it to get it ready for some new renters. After shooting the breeze for awhile I asked if it would be OK for me to detect the yard. He said sure go ahead. I gave him a key chain light and thanked him. People sure like those lights!

It didn't take me long to unearth a Mercury dime, a Washington quarter and another Rosie. There are corner lots on either side of this lot and I'm going to see if I can catch the owners outside and get permission to detect them. They look like they'd hold some silver. Tired and wore out, I headed for the house.

beephead

Attachments

• Nokta Fors CoRe 3 Silver Dimes and Quarter 002.jpg
    Nokta Fors CoRe 3 Silver Dimes and Quarter 002.jpg
    173.6 KB · Views: 357
  • Nokta Fors CoRe 3 Silver Dimes and Quarter 004.jpg
    Nokta Fors CoRe 3 Silver Dimes and Quarter 004.jpg
    90.9 KB · Views: 438
  • Nokta Fors CoRe 3 Silver Dimes and Quarter 005.jpg
    Nokta Fors CoRe 3 Silver Dimes and Quarter 005.jpg
    159 KB · Views: 361
  • Nokta Fors CoRe 3 Silver Dimes and Quarter 006.jpg
    Nokta Fors CoRe 3 Silver Dimes and Quarter 006.jpg
    89.5 KB · Views: 369
  • Nokta Fors CoRe 3 Silver Dimes and Quarter 008.jpg
    Nokta Fors CoRe 3 Silver Dimes and Quarter 008.jpg
    149.4 KB · Views: 356
  • Nokta Fors CoRe 3 Silver Dimes and Quarter 010.jpg
    Nokta Fors CoRe 3 Silver Dimes and Quarter 010.jpg
    91.6 KB · Views: 423
  • Nokta Fors CoRe 3 Silver Dimes and Quarter 011.jpg
    Nokta Fors CoRe 3 Silver Dimes and Quarter 011.jpg
    172.2 KB · Views: 336
  • Nokta Fors CoRe 3 Silver Dimes and Quarter 012.jpg
    Nokta Fors CoRe 3 Silver Dimes and Quarter 012.jpg
    71.2 KB · Views: 345
  • Nokta Fors CoRe 3 Silver Dimes and Quarter 016.jpg
    Nokta Fors CoRe 3 Silver Dimes and Quarter 016.jpg
    70 KB · Views: 343
  • Nokta Fors CoRe 3 Silver Dimes and Quarter 015.jpg
    Nokta Fors CoRe 3 Silver Dimes and Quarter 015.jpg
    77.9 KB · Views: 346
Great hunt! Anytime a silver coin shows up it sure feels good!

How do you like your fors core? Wondering if you prefer it over others.

Wow, another multi silver hunt for beephead! I've run out of congratulatory statements so I'll just go with this from now on...[emoji1303][emoji1303]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fors CoRe and seven beers ago
our fathers minted forth, on this continent,
a new currency, stamped with Liberty,
and dedicated to the proposition that the odds all men lose things is equal.

Now we are engaged in a great personal war,
testing whether that notion,
For any hunt so conceived,
and so dedicated, can long endure.
We are met on a great open field for that war.
We have come to search a portion of that field,
as a final resting-place for the life savings of those who lost,
that that notion might live.
It is altogether fitting and proper that we should do this.

Great day congrats!
Thanks! I had so much fun that I'm laying in today to rest up for some more fun.

Congrats...you did real well...nice silver finds too! The trees always try to hold onto the treasures the longest it seems.
Thanks! I don't know what it is about old magnolia trees, they always give up silver and gold. Damn those roots though.

Congrats

Thanks for sharing
Thanks! I enjoy reading your posts.

Sweet silvers, congrats!!! :D
Thanks! They sure are fun to find!

Great hunt! Anytime a silver coin shows up it sure feels good!

How do you like your fors core? Wondering if you prefer it over others.
Thanks! I like to imagine what was going on at a particular site years ago before I even start swinging. I'm getting good at zeroing on hot spots where people lose things.

I don't have a lot of experience under my belt using the Fors CoRe, but as of now I'd pick the F75DST if I could only have one detector. Without getting into a lengthy review comparing the two, I'll say this, it makes a great companion/backup detector to the F75DST. Both detectors have their strengths and I really like both detectors a lot. The unmasking ability of the Fors CoRe will have you scratching your head when it comes to giving good VDI numbers of coins in a bed of nails.

You're killin again this year, Keep it up. How many
you up to this year ? Mark.
Thanks! Don't get me started keeping count, because I'm competitive even against myself. Last year I took off 5 months from detecting because I burned myself out. This year I'm coasting and I'm going to enjoy the scenery.

Solid performance! Whats that little box thingy up on the handle of your detector?
Mud
Thanks! The little thingy is a x-ray screen for reading coin dates. I works pretty good on coins down to around 7 inches or so, but it doesn't work worth a flip on coins that are on edge though.

Wow, another multi silver hunt for beephead! I've run out of congratulatory statements so I'll just go with this from now on...[emoji1303][emoji1303]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks! If you lived closer by you could give me a pat on the back and big hug. :laughing:

beephead

Good job.beep, Where do you get the keylights?
I need to try your method!

Make sure that you order $50 dollars worth of stuff so you can get the free shipping. The order doesn't have to be just key chains lights, they have great prices on batteries and chargers etc. Also, they almost always have a discount coupon code. If you can't find it call them and ask for it.

LINK

These key chain lights are nothing like the really cheaply made key chain lights on eBay. They're well made and people like them a lot.

beephead

Back
Top Bottom