Oldest find so far!

xonor1

So i've recently started metal detecting with my dad's old Whites Spectrum XLT and this was my first major find. I did some research looking at some old aerials and maps to learn locations of past houses. I found a construction site that happened to clear out a few old houses to put in new ones, and I decided to detect there for a bit and see what I get. To my surprise i find this fairly good condition Indian Head Penny with a date of 1890.
6e8061ddbf3616ab3208fc52965e0956.jpg

d7ec61363d165b4f7851fc49fcaf17dc.jpg

The camera doesn't really show all the little details on the front or back but it looks a little better in person. I've metal detected a lot before with my dad but now the metal detector is basically mine because he doesn't use it anymore. We've found other Indian Head Pennies before but this find was all me this time.

Well that's a great start and if you continue to research before you go then the older finds will come. The people that you see here posting great finds on a regular basis are all doing research in one way or another. Congrats on your IH on your own.

Congrats on the sweet old Indian! đź‘Ť
Took me forever to find one . And 1800's too .
Your whites Xtra lettis and tamato is a proven killer . Yup ... Many of great finds been posted with guys swingin the whites .

HH , Dew

Agree with Dew, a lot of great finds have been made with XLT's. Congratulations on your first great find. Keep up the research and swinging and I'm sure there will be many more to come.

Back
Top Bottom