• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

For our California friends here- not fake news either

Why don't they just tax Indian Telemarketing calls, and they'll have budget surpluses forever??? Before you say that you can't reach them in India, there are US telcos that give them service, so tax them. You can bet the charges would be passed along somehow.

Add in a fraudulent caller ID surtax, and pay off the national debt!

My phone bill lists the ANIs of the calls I get. The fraudulent phone companies set up by these morons put the fake caller ID in the ANI, which is not correct. I have received a couple of calls from people telling me to put them on my do-not-call list, because these crooks forged my number.

-- Tom

Makes me wanna move even more but like kingman mikey said, the stupidity wave is tall and will eventually sweep the land.

Why don't they just tax Indian Telemarketing calls, and they'll have budget surpluses forever??? Before you say that you can't reach them in India, there are US telcos that give them service, so tax them. You can bet the charges would be passed along somehow.

Add in a fraudulent caller ID surtax, and pay off the national debt!

My phone bill lists the ANIs of the calls I get. The fraudulent phone companies set up by these morons put the fake caller ID in the ANI, which is not correct. I have received a couple of calls from people telling me to put them on my do-not-call list, because these crooks forged my number.

-- Tom

Common sense seems doesn't Apply to governments. Most times. Why the ones that do can’t stand you know who. Too much common sense for them. Lol

Oops,, sounds like I’m talking in riddles.
True though what I am saying.

Last edited:
LOL what is it going to take before sane people say enough is enough? I'm assuming when they stop giving away stuff for free!

LOL what is it going to take before sane people say enough is enough? I'm assuming when they stop giving away stuff for free!

A lot of them just give up and move elsewhere. Probably part of the reason things are so polarized now.

-- Tom

Here in CA, we refer to most of the rest of the states as "America", because it doesn't seem like we're living in America here in CA. If I had a decent job lined up and more in savings, I would move to America.

I think our founding fathers would be rolling in their graves over the government in CA.

Not to worry. There is always lovely San Francisco. You know HER town. Notice the press really don’t go there and walk around and show what the real deal,is with it. They won’t. It would espose some xxxxs.

I still think California could indeed secede someday. They probably already would have. One problem. The idiots (government) mismanaged their dough/assets, now they can’t survive without Uncle Sam. Dummies.

Hollywoood would do themselves justice to pull out of the state and go somewhere else. Become part of actual mainstream America.

Beverley Hillbillies show was actually spot on, even way back then.

Boy oh boy where is Ellie Mae??
Here she is.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Donna_Douglas

Last edited:
Not to worry. There is always lovely San Francisco. You know HER town. Notice the press really don’t go there and walk around and show what the real deal,is with it. They won’t. It would espose some xxxxs.

I still think California could indeed secede someday. They probably already would have. One problem. The idiots (government) mismanaged their dough/asetss, now they can’t survive with Uncle Sam. Dummies.

Hollywoood would do themselves justice to pull out of the state and go somewhere else. Become part of actual mainstream America.

Beverley Hillbillies show was actually spot on, even way back then.

Boy oh boy where is Ellie Mae??
Here she is.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Donna_Douglas

San Francisco is the beautiful city by the bay! Ever been there?!?

San Francisco is the beautiful city by the bay! Ever been there?!?

Most of what I've seen about San Francisco came from Stanley Robert's "People Behaving Badly" on youtube, before they were taken down in a copyright dispute. I think most cities fall into the category of "nice place to visit, but I wouldn't want to live there". I live in Fairfax County, VA, and even that is too "citified" for my liking. Since I don't drive, I'm stuck.

-- Tom

That's just insane. I probably send at least 10 messages a day and my wife probably does at least 30, we use whatsapp only. Down here I use prepaid and get unlimited calls, megs and whatsapp for about $10 a month.

For the record, I think this would be an awful rule if implemented by the CPUC!

That said, please refrain from political leaning responses and the "bashing" of one State over another.

I Grew up in Foster City ..which is close to San Fran and LOVE the area.. I remember being totally bummed when we moved to Southern Cal .. but came to love there as well and spent 40 years in So Cal..

Should I refrain from praising One State over another?

just kidding..

I Grew up in Foster City ..which is close to San Fran and LOVE the area.. I remember being totally bummed when we moved to Southern Cal .. but came to love there as well and spent 40 years in So Cal..

Should I refrain from praising One State over another?

just kidding..

You're good! :lol::lol:

For the record, I think this would be an awful rule if implemented by the CPUC!

That said, please refrain from political leaning responses and the "bashing" of one State over another.

I was agreeing with it seems actual folks who do live in California and one who seem s has moved.

I haven’t lived in only real short visits.

Folks can live in any state they want. Different strokes for different folks.

There is nothing the government won't attempt to tax. You can always look to California, New York, or Massachusetts as to what will be taxed next at the state level, and soon to be followed at the federal level.

Hell, here in MA, they have a liquor tax on all liquor sold, and the sale tax on that purchase is based upon the price of the liquor + the liquor tax, instead of just the base price.

Back
Top Bottom