• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Looking to purchase Garrett AT Pro Pointer

I bought the trx because it may be the deepest and it detects at the tip ony. Also seen a lot of complaints about the garret's shooting craps. My buddy has the garret and the trx. No problems with either one but he prefers the trx.

Back to the op question:

I have a carrot that is over 2 years old. I had a problem with it just under the 2 year mark and Garrett had me send it in. The invoice said they replaced the vibrator motor but what I received back looked like a brand new pointer. It was a quick turnaround too! Other than that 1 issue that was handled well by Garrett it is still my best pointer, I only wish my Mi6 was as reliable. My carrot is always with me as a known reliable unit.

On another note, never buy an mi6 if you do not have a deus, in standalone mode it is impossible to hear with out putting your ear to it!

I owned others, they did what they said they would do,, but buying my first pro pointer(which I still own and works great) was a game changer. I have the org pro and carrot. The carrot is the way to go but I love them both,, due your homework and you will be happy with your purchase. Good luck.

Back to the op question:

I have a carrot that is over 2 years old. I had a problem with it just under the 2 year mark and Garrett had me send it in. The invoice said they replaced the vibrator motor but what I received back looked like a brand new pointer. It was a quick turnaround too! Other than that 1 issue that was handled well by Garrett it is still my best pointer, I only wish my Mi6 was as reliable. My carrot is always with me as a known reliable unit.

On another note, never buy an mi6 if you do not have a deus, in standalone mode it is impossible to hear with out putting your ear to it!

That's odd, my MI6 works great, easy to hear/loud and I do not have it linked to my Deus, but have two Garretts and one is unusable due to falsing and the second is starting to show signs of heading the same direction. :shrug:

Bing

PHIL.jpg

Back
Top Bottom