Landmatters

A big hello and happy to have found this forum. i tried to post an intro earlier this evening but must have forgotten to start with a title so my intro didn't post.

My name is Bill, I am 68 years of age, and I am again starting to do metal detecting after a break of several years. I built my first detector, a Heath Kit, and found a very old Ford key with a number under 100 (I think it was from a Model "A") and a 1954 Silver Half Dollar on my first outing; I was hooked from that point on.

I then purchased a Whites Coinmaster 6000 di Professional in th 80's (I am looking for a 4 inch 6b type coil for). Very recently, I purchased a Whites MX Sport which I cannot wait to try.

I am also currently trying to decide between a Garrett Ace 400 or Whites Treasure Pro for my son. I know the Treasure Pro has both Auto ground balancing and threshold control which is important. Don't know much about the ACE 400 and would like feedback on both.

I live on a civil war battlefield in northwestern Virginia and cannot wait to try my new machine on my property. I especially like Coin hunting and purchased the MX Sport to be able to detect in wet areas.

Thanks,

Bill

Thanks for your hello

Thanks for your hello. I just came across this site and it looks like a great place to exchange information and learn. Western Australia sounds like a great place to prospect perhaps. Let me know what you like to detect for mostly.

Cheers,

Bill

Welcome from SW WI.

You had me at....."I live on a Civil War Battlefield......"

My jowls drippith with drool, I'm on my way! LOL

I'm right there with ya... Just turned 69 and also got the Whites 6000 D back in '81. Found lots of silver and Indian Head's back then. Just got back in the hobby this summer. Really hooked again but those silvers are a lot harder to find these days. Anyway, welcome.

Hello and welcome! My first detector was a Heath Kit Ground Track VLF that I had to build myself too. In fact it's still working. I take it out a couple of times a year just for fun.

Welcome to The Forum and back to the Hobby of metal detecting from Northwest Ohio!

I use the ace 400 for the past two summers and would say it's a good starter machine for a kid in my opinion but I do not know much about the other detector in which you mentioned. Also not sure how the ace would react to your soil type.

Back
Top Bottom