My March Madness (and February’s) Comes to an End with an 18K!

FelixtheCat

A Moderating Knight of the Round Coil
Super Mod
Forum Supporter
After going all of February and most of March gold-less I was in a bit of a slump. Thursday night I decided I was going to go for an after work “Spring Break celebration hunt” since I will be off now for a week. One of my Spring Break goals, in addition to getting the house ready I’m moving my aged parents into, was breaking out of the slump. I decided to go to my “comfort beach” since it was beautiful day and didn’t want to deal with the Spring Break madness going on in Miami Beach right now. This beach has been really struggling to give up any targets since the months of seaweed from last year. Last month when I hunted it showed signs of returning to normal. When I arrived there it looked great. I hunted for 4.5 hours with about just over an hour of it in the wet sand. In that time is when the heart breaker junk diamond ring showed up. The rest of the time was mixed with inshore and offshore. I really feel like this beach is finally back to its normal state as it was giving up some good targets. Towards the end of the hunt I decided to work near shore for about the last 30-45 minutes to dry up a bit. I started noticing some dark and crusty coins in addition to PT after PT as I was working about 5 yards parallel to the shore to get to my takeoff point when I got an “11” on Noxy. It sounded good but I was thinking “beaver tail” like the rest of the ones I had gotten. When I pull it up and look in the scoop I actually cursed “F*ck yeah”! :dingding: I put it quickly away and did another 15 minutes before heading home. And that my friends ends my little slump. :yes:

After examination at home, the very malleable heart “silver ring” that rang up as “13” on Noxy, I believe is actually made of lead. It’s too heavy to be pewter. The heartbreaker I think is made of copper which explains the higher 20’s reading I got on it. The gold ring was probably a young boy’s and is marked 18K. I would like to get a least 2 more hunts in over my Spring Break so maybe I can get back on my gold track.

Attachments

• 3-22-19.jpg
    3-22-19.jpg
    60.7 KB · Views: 207
  • 3-22-19 Ring.jpg
    3-22-19 Ring.jpg
    66 KB · Views: 200
  • 2-22-19 Fits.jpg
    2-22-19 Fits.jpg
    31.9 KB · Views: 197
  • 3-22-19 Junk rings.jpg
    3-22-19 Junk rings.jpg
    37.8 KB · Views: 199
  • 3-22-19 Junk.jpg
    3-22-19 Junk.jpg
    41.4 KB · Views: 195
What little kid would wear a ring like that? Most likely a woman's ring.. The ring could be silver oxide does it flake off? I can't see anyone wearing lead.. pewter also has weight to it... that gold ring has been banging around a while by the looks of it... did you find it in that spot we spoke about? Nice Felix... another day you get to keep your current title :lol:

The 18k counts, but those Felix's... :no:

R5

What little kid would wear a ring like that? Most likely a woman's ring.. The ring could be silver oxide does it flake off? I can't see anyone wearing lead.. pewter also has weight to it... that gold ring has been banging around a while by the looks of it... did you find it in that spot we spoke about? Nice Felix... another day you get to keep your current title :lol:
What woman that you know of wears onyx? :roll: A Harley mama? :lol:
Yep - to that beach. It's giving me hope again.
I guess you may be right on the ring being silver - it just rang low on the Nox. I don't think its pewter. Interesting.
...but those Felix's... :no: R5
What you talkin bout Willis? There were 2-3 maybe - the rest are coppers or not so bad. :lol:

What woman that you know of wears onyx? :roll: A Harley mama? :lol:
Yep - to that beach. It's giving me hope again.
I guess you may be right on the ring being silver - it just rang low on the Nox. I don't think its pewter. Interesting.

Keep hitting it.. there will be more there.. I know women who wear and love onyx.. and my mom isn't a harley mama :lol:

Fake New's Felix ?

:laughing: Cfm-Ct gotta give him credit , a famous source is coming out of the closet to join Felix beach speedo yoga class , Richard Simmons said he's investing in the Felix speedo design stock , giving Felix high hope's down the road . Even if he find's silver , and claim's gold, doesn't matter. :laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing:

:laughing: Cfm-Ct gotta give him credit , a famous source is coming out of the closet to join Felix beach speedo yoga class , Richard Simmons said he's investing in the Felix speedo design stock , giving Felix high hope's down the road . Even if he find's silver , and claim's gold, doesn't matter. :laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing:

Can we please move on from your fetish for speedo's...

Earl, I would hunt in a thong if it guaranteed me gold every time I went out! :p

Felix

I here ya , i think Craig's jealous, as it's to cold & rocky to hunt in the bare minimum, i am to, it's most likely a normal thing in the summer time in Miami , looking forward to the girl's Go Pro eye candy this year , happy hunting, nice hunt :thumbsup::detector: your the man bro.

Back
Top Bottom