My first clay pipe.

mdtrapper

Elite Member
Was walking thru the woods around an old bottle dump near the water, found some pretty cool things on the surface. The glass buttons and the clay pipe had me pretty happy, never found a clay pipe before. Also need some help with the two things are in the top left of the pic. Both have two little holes on the back and 4 holes on the front. Thanks for looking, and for any help.

Attachments

• KIMG1118.jpg
    KIMG1118.jpg
    23.2 KB · Views: 247
  • KIMG1119.jpg
    KIMG1119.jpg
    15.8 KB · Views: 252
Cool finds. I don't think I've ever found a clay pipe and its always fun to find the random stuff associated with these areas.

i can't help you with the questionable things. I know I've found a bunch of similar small round things with random holes over the years MDing.

Maybe someone will know.

Cool finds. I don't think I've ever found a clay pipe and its always fun to find the random stuff associated with these areas.

i can't help you with the questionable things. I know I've found a bunch of similar small round things with random holes over the years MDing.

Maybe someone will know.

Thanks for the comment. Finding stuff on the surface like that makes me think it might be worth hitting with the detector.

Thanks for the comment. Finding stuff on the surface like that makes me think it might be worth hitting with the detector.

It may be worth using a detector. I personally struggle with detecting near dump sites. The MD just goes crazy with all the various types of metal (iron, aluminum, random tiny pieces).

i have seen plenty of videos and pictures of guys sifting the dirt at dump sites to make sure they don't miss the small items that might otherwise go un noticed.

It can't hurt to use an "all of the above" approach, especially given some of the stuff you found right on top

Back
Top Bottom