Depth issue Nox 800

CarsonChris

Elite Member
I am having issues with my Nox. I am getting very little depth right now and this wasn't the case a week ago. Air testing I'm getting 6" on a dime. Not really picking it up if I bury it at 6". Did factory reset, tried adjusting sensitivity to 25. Lowered swing speed to 3. Tried changing FE. Used every setting. It was 10"-12" a week ago.

It came with the newest version of software. I just checked. Coil is clean.

I am having issues with my Nox. I am getting very little depth right now and this wasn't the case a week ago. Air testing I'm getting 6" on a dime. Not really picking it up if I bury it at 6". Did factory reset, tried adjusting sensitivity to 25. Lowered swing speed to 3. Tried changing FE. Used every setting. It was 10"-12" a week ago.

It came with the newest version of software. I just checked. Coil is clean.

Did you do a full reset or just a mode reset?? Need to do full reset not a mode reset .
Have you disconnected coil cable and reconnected.
Is battery charged.
Have you tried all detect modes.
Speed 6 should be fine to do airtest with.
You could load older version software in and check. And if airtest distances improves reload with newest version software and check air test.

If none of the above remedies, my advice contact Minelab for service.

Cheers

Full reset. Maybe it’s certain areas in my yard? Had better results in a different location. About 8”-10” with the dime and quarter air testing. Also found a few pennies that were missed with the AT pro. One about 3” from a rusty nail. I believe the nail is square. Dug in same hole as penny. Had jumpy numbers 23-28.

People discount the value of a simple air test a lot, but air tests do bring sanity in cases like this.

I would find the best spot in your yard, plant a 6" dime, pack the soil and leave it for all future integrity tests.

Using factory setting without any changes at all, should be the best settings to test in these cases.

Full reset. Maybe it’s certain areas in my yard? Had better results in a different location. About 8”-10” with the dime and quarter air testing. Also found a few pennies that were missed with the AT pro. One about 3” from a rusty nail. I believe the nail is square. Dug in same hole as penny. Had jumpy numbers 23-28.

Did you do a full reset or just a mode reset?? Need to do full reset not a mode reset .
Have you disconnected coil cable and reconnected.
Is battery charged.
Have you tried all detect modes.
Speed 6 should be fine to do airtest with.
You could load older version software in and check. And if airtest distances improves reload with newest version software and check air test.

If none of the above remedies, my advice contact Minelab for service.

Cheers

Why the reference to the coil cable? Is it that there may be a bad connection or is it something you are suggesting to do?

Hi,
do you have a new source of EMI in your house or outside or (like my situation) is it really bad at certain times of the day and night. The EMI you can hear when you crank up the sensitivity is obvious. I can often not go over 8 to 10 on my Nox in my house or it will get chatty. Outside my house 13 tops depending on the time of day. The EMI that you can't hear through the NOX is just as bad and also effects depth in air tests. I was air testing an F19 in my house last night and the results were terrible ( about 1/3 of normal depth lost). Air tested it outside at a playground today. Even though it was 22 degrees and snowing air tests were normal at exactly the same settings...........
Jeff

Last edited:
Why the reference to the coil cable? Is it that there may be a bad connection or is it something you are suggesting to do?

That connection is always a good checkpoint at any time. I've had that connector work loose on different detectors. Strange things do happen.

Just remove and reinstall.
Who knows.
Piece of dust, drop of moisture, etc could affect.
And to insure good connection.

Really only mechanical thing one can do with Nox, so why not check.

Back
Top Bottom