looking for info on garret gti 2500 imaging machine

playin4funami

Elite Member
title pretty much says it all, looking for info on a garrett 2500 imaging.has stock coil and oversize coil. how did these machines perform? what do they excel at?

There's a video on YouTube of a guy scanning over a 3 foot deep mailbox, a 4.5 feet deep mailbox and a 6 foot deep mailbox. It only picked up the 3 feet deep mailbox. These were all freshly buried so no large halo was created yet. Just Google and you will find some videos.

They are mostly used for large objects or a cache.

G2M

I remember the buzz about them before release, made them seem as if you would see what it was before you dig, hardly true but there was some good revues on performance...least at the time..probably as good as a XLT or other high end machine of the era, don't expect too see anything on the screen, as I recall even the size of the object is inaccurate due to differing depths, has some good features as I recall..If the price is right I see no reason not to own one.

I thought the one I used was heavy and not well balanced. Otherwise it is pretty good 20 yr old technology. If you don't think it is heavy, you can do well with it. It does have pretty impressive depth when you use it in all-metal and I believe it ID's in that mode. If the price is right you could do a lot worse.

Cool looking machine imo but from what I've read I assume it's outdated technology. I think it only comes in at 6khz as well.

Back
Top Bottom