• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

DiveHunter & bobulon

RelicHound

Forum Supporter
this is your thread to enter your finds for the contest and also keep in touch with each other.

On the board.

Well it was a slow day compared to my ussual silver day but hey we are on the board with 30 points. 2 Silver roosies a 47 and a 53. Tommarow I am diving the spot..So I will hopefully get some good points on the board.

Attachments

• Coins.jpg
    Coins.jpg
    23 KB · Views: 292
Way to go DiveHunter I only got out for about a half hour after work using a flash light. At least I didn't get skunked, got one clad dime I will post when i find some more. Took me awhile to figure out my headphones were turned all the way down started to wonder if my detector was broke :lol:. I haven't used the headphones much since i got it.

Had a Good Long Day of Hunting today. Started at the beach where I got the clad, Junk Ring, Gold Cross Marked 10K With 16 Tiny Diamonds, and the tiny silver charm marked .800 silver..Then I went to the old school that I have been hunting for the past 2 years and got 5 wheats, and 1 merc..A good day @ 95 Points...

Attachments

• Clad.jpg
    Clad.jpg
    32.4 KB · Views: 243
  • Jewlery.jpg
    Jewlery.jpg
    15.2 KB · Views: 237
  • Jewlery F.jpg
    Jewlery F.jpg
    12.1 KB · Views: 243
  • WheatNDime.jpg
    WheatNDime.jpg
    23.5 KB · Views: 238
Thought I would post this so it was easier to find. So far I have 3/4 of a point I went for a night hunt till it started to sprinkle I have one clad dime from yesterday one penny and a pull tab, also a bunch of foil tonight. I wonder if someone hunted the tot lot I was in cause there wasn't that many signals. At this rate i will have a whole five points in a month :roll:

Points Awarded
{only US minted coins count}
silver coins 15 points for vets,20 for GH

pennies {excluding memorial cents...} 10 points vets,15 GH

pre 1946 nickels 10 vet,15GH

clad dollar coins{sacs,susan Bs and Pres dollars etc etc} 1 point vets 2 points GH

clad will be based on fractions for vets 10pennies for a point,5 nickels for a point,5 dimes for a point and 4 quarters for a point
for GHs all clad is worth 1/4 of a point each

gold jewelry 15 points vet,20 GH
silver jewelry 10 vet,15 GH

junk jewerly or plated jewelry 5 points vet,10 GH

tokens 5 vets,5 GH regardless of rarity..{yes even chucky cheese}

jewelry will be defined as rings,necklaces,bracelets

pull tabs 1/4 of a point {4 for a full point} green horns only

thats the correct score system minus the charms...i removed them from the list to keep the peace..lots of controversy with em. next year we will be more organized with our scoring...i promise. gotta remember we are new to this whole detecting contest idea.

I fixed the scoring system and took out the charms. Went out today for few hours. Found quite a bit while my son played on the equipment at the tot lot. The BBs in the pic are what he collected from the ground.:tumble: I was using the sniper coil for the 250 and seemed to be able to find alot more than i have been with the stock coil. Everything was from the hunt this morning except one penny and a dime from my last two hunts. If I'm calculating correct I think I have 5 whole points and a lot of trash.:lol: I also found that key chain charm thing too not sure what its for.

Attachments

• IMG_3154.jpg
    IMG_3154.jpg
    66 KB · Views: 238
Put in a LOOOONG day today. Hit 5 diffrent spots. Did ok but not as good as I expected to do with the age of the places. Got a Barber a Merc a roosie that I think was started to be made into a ring as its rim is hammered on and anouther roosie, 6 wheats, 4 junk rings all in the same yard and a bunch of clad..All good for 115 Points.

Attachments

• Clad.jpg
    Clad.jpg
    42.3 KB · Views: 200
  • Rings.jpg
    Rings.jpg
    45.9 KB · Views: 202
  • Silver.jpg
    Silver.jpg
    46.3 KB · Views: 203
  • Wheat.jpg
    Wheat.jpg
    25.1 KB · Views: 198
Hit the old school again today. Got 9 wheats in the same hole wich was a hit that I walked over a few times in the future because it was such a big hit. Well now that finds are slimming I decided to go for it. Glad I did 9 wheats, Not much in the way of silver got 1 1964 dime and a small hallmarked .925 Ring. Got some clad but not enough of each item to make a point so I will save it for next post..
70 points

Attachments

• lastscan.jpg
    lastscan.jpg
    29.9 KB · Views: 194
Hit the old school again today. Got 9 wheats in the same hole wich was a hit that I walked over a few times in the future because it was such a big hit. Well now that finds are slimming I decided to go for it. Glad I did 9 wheats, Not much in the way of silver got 1 1964 dime and a small hallmarked .925 Ring. Got some clad but not enough of each item to make a point so I will save it for next post..
70 points

That is 115 pts! Nice!

Well I hit the beach today. Got 2 rings both stamped 925. One is tiny must of been a small kids. Also got some clad but not enough yet to post. I got a bazillion pull tabs but Im a vet so they dont count :( Then I went to the old boyscout camp where I havent been since last year and is now just a field that hasnt been used for anything more than hay since the late fifties and got 2 silver quarters cleaned and pictured and 2 wheat cents and a few clad peices wich I will post when I get more....Not to bad of a day @ 70 Points.

Attachments

• Silver.jpg
    Silver.jpg
    21.9 KB · Views: 171
Well I hit the beach today. Got 2 rings both stamped 925. One is tiny must of been a small kids. Also got some clad but not enough yet to post. I got a bazillion pull tabs but Im a vet so they dont count :( Then I went to the old boyscout camp where I havent been since last year and is now just a field that hasnt been used for anything more than hay since the late fifties and got 2 silver quarters cleaned and pictured and 2 wheat cents and a few clad peices wich I will post when I get more....Not to bad of a day @ 70 Points.

That is 80 pts! Great!

nice rings divehunter, you gonna take a pic of the hallmarks or are you going to just call em junk rings ?? you said they were stamped .......

nice rings divehunter, you gonna take a pic of the hallmarks or are you going to just call em junk rings ?? you said they were stamped .......
Check with Relichunter on the posting of hallmarks, I'm not 100% sure what his rule was on it.

yeah need a pic of the stamp..i believe ya but rules is rules. thanks

I Found my first Ring!

I Found My first ring. I went to a park near my house after work today there were people on the tot lot so I decided to detect near the park benches and along the path that winds around the park. I found the coins near the benches and as i was walking to the next bench I got a solid hit between a penny and dime. I stuck my digger in and lifted up a little flap and was feeling around. It's pretty good feeling when your finger goes through your target. Turns out its only copper that was coated at one time to look silver but still my first ring/jewelry so still cool. On the way out of the park i hit a pocket spill of 2 quarters and two nickels. So overall a good hunt for me. I was at it for almost 2 hours. If my calculations are correct I nabbed 15 and 1/4 points tonight.

Attachments

• IMG_3174.jpg
    IMG_3174.jpg
    56.2 KB · Views: 129
  • IMG_3178.jpg
    IMG_3178.jpg
    44.1 KB · Views: 129
  • IMG_3177.jpg
    IMG_3177.jpg
    31.5 KB · Views: 133
  • IMG_3176.jpg
    IMG_3176.jpg