AT Pro users

71duster

Ok I'm still very new with the ATP but learning curve not as bad as I thought, but have couple Q's for you ATP guys. First off when Im at older parks where the gravel trails change and is now dirt and grass lawn area the depth reads different (I realize just an approx depth) but get a nice sounding tone look at face, it reads 82 83 at bout 6 in get through the grass and clay, bout 6in then hit old gravel walk dig another 4-5in more then get coin (dime) is this normal or do i have something set wrong???Other thing, I was swinging and realized i was running late and thought ok one more find and I'll leave. 3 plugs & 40min later I was thinking dang I am Really late now(I'm sure Im the only one to ever do that, yea right:laughing:) anyway I boogied up the hill, with the ATP still on chirping all the way. half way up I hear a nice high tone, half paying attention i look down and it looked like it was giving pinpoint reading PP, thought that was weird so I ran back over it to see if it would do same thing, it did but then I realized it wasnt PP it was 99. like i said i was in hurry and usually when I get a steady number it will bounce down one number once in a while,, this would not come off 99, anyway jumped in Jeep and left (im going back tomorrow) figured I'd ask you guys before i head back is it just cause my settings are wrong (to hot) iron at 37 sensitivity, 2 bars from top or is it simply a good signal (never moved off 99) thanks guys and sorry such a long post

Had that happen to me the other day right next to an old tree root. It turned out to be a Bud Lite bottle cap. Can you give me the GPS coordinates to where you got the 99 reading? :D

'71, this is how these machines will behave.

When ground balanced, coins will come up at different values depending on depth and the ground.

I consider re-ground balancing when I can see the ground seriously changing.

If I go from say a tot lot to a grassy area I'll try to re-balance.

If I go from a grassy area to a rocky or sandy beach I'll try to re-balance.

Put it this way, a "99" might not be a coin. Expect a large piece of metal though. Even something like a Morgan Silver Dollar won't come up as a "99".

Might be a huge cache of something good. :yes:

whenever I have hit a 99, it has usually turned out to be a BIG piece of iron.

Sometimes you get a 'wrap around' effect with large heavy pieces of iron

when you do change areas of ground type it is always best to re-balance.

Back
Top Bottom