How much time Metall detecting time do you normally get?

When I am back home in the states and my other half goes to work, I get out the door as soon as she leaves. Maybe only for 2 to 4 hours. Sometimes a little less. Depends if I am finding anything or if I am hungry. If I am hungry I go to the local bar and eat breakfast. Than I might go back out for an hour or two. Than it is time for my nap. I get back up before my other half gets home so I can fix up some grub to eat. When she gets home, I tell her all the things I got done around the house. She said, what did you do. Just them little things you don't see. :lol: :lol: KEN

Ha Ha :lol: well done. I normally take a sandwich and a bottle Water in my Backpack. After 2hours I usually take a break and eat my sandwich while admiring mother nature free like the Wind :cool:

It all depends on the day. Weather has shortened hunts and responsibilities sometimes shorten hunts. I get out when I can though. Some weekend days I'll pack a lunch and be at a good spot in the woods for 8 hours. Some weekdays I'll grab the detector after work and hit one of the parks close by home for just a 1/2 hour.
It's wierd - some of my best hunts have been extremely short. I have a local park that I am constantly digging clad from the moment I walk in. Last night I got over $4 in clad in less than 45 min before the sky opened up. Another time I found a silver dime within minutes of getting into a site deep in the woods, spend 6 more hours digging nothing but junk.

2 hours max per hunt, sometimes 4 or 5 hunts per week, after three back surguries that is about all I can handle, although if the finds are really good i sometimes push it a little too much

When I lived in Florida I would hunt for an hour at lunch then 3hrs after work everyday. On the weekends I would hunt either saturday or sunday for 4 to 6 hours. I now live in Georgia and am lucky if I can find a decent safe and legal place to hunt so I only get maybe 3hrs a month. With any luck in may of next year I will be showing Georgia my backside and be headed back to paradise.

Matt

Back
Top Bottom