At pro and minelab Safari comparison and questions

Mtfd2222

First off I want to say thanks for all the welcomes as I'm a new user.
I have had very very good luck with my AT pro so far. From what I have seen, it is an all around better machine than my Safari. I have hunted in five different locations and have used both machines every time. The at pro pinpoints so accurately, I can usually recover the coin or artifact in seconds where as the Safari is very inaccurate with pinpointing or I haven't figured it out. Another thing is the At pro separates targets better. A good example was last week I was detecting with a buddy who has an etrac. We were trying to ID a target and I said it's choppy but it sounds like a dime at about 6". He said the same thing. I dug it and their was a clad dime, a pulltab, and a nail within an inch of each other. With the safari, it would be a 40 signal which Is almost always iron. I guess what I'm looking for here is some advice and tricks with the safari. I have the At pro figured out but i would like to learn the safari because it should go deeper. In the past month I have dug up a lot of targets with both machines. I would like to say the Minelab gave me the better results but it just didn't and it continues to disappoint. Aside from one of the walkers and a few wheaties this was all found in the past 3 weeks with my AT pro. The picture only includes silver, wheaties and Indians. My clad pile is not included In This photo.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    41.2 KB · Views: 209
Good luck. I gave up on the Safari and went back to the ATP. All my ML friends say get the ETRAC instead of Safari.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks

That will probably be my end game. Unless someone can help me with some pointers on that machine, I'm getting an Etrac

My Minelab Quattro gives a 38 on a dime every time, not a 40. Silver is a 39 99 percent of the time.

The downside, is like you said, the quattro does not separate as fast and I have to sweep super slow.

Out of all the machines I have the Quattro is hands down, the best at finding deep silver. Although, the Nokta is starting to creep into my minelab territory..... time will tell. :D

Your safari should not read 40 on a dime.

I'm going to continue trying to get used to the safari for another couple months before giving up. It seems like it finds deep targets very well, I only hope I can figure it out soon.

Back
Top Bottom