Whiterock Lake forums group hunt

Trix

Today was the 2nd hunt with some added local forums members. A good time was had by all. Myself along with MartinV3i his friend Mike in McKinney and TexHunter . MrNovice drove by and will now be included in future hunts. Martin started the "pulltabs @ 10 inches thread. We all dug plenty of clad and I got the unlucky 65 quarter. Nothing over 8 inches today. Windy is a mild term for todays weather but hey 75 degrees is fine by me. A change of location next hunt. Same park, different area. Weather permitting.
Trying to remember how to add a photo.

Was good to finally see other hunters out and around my area today. Honestly at first, I thought you guys were gardeners planting flowers since you were both bent over digging targets when I saw you. :laughing:

Then I saw your detectors/pinpointers and diggers and said to myself, "Whoa, these guys are for real!" It was great to see and meet you today, I'm sure you were thinking as I was driving up, "Who is this idiot...doesn't he see I have headphones on?" :laughing:

Like I told you though, I'll be happy to get out there and get all those pesky pulltabs and bottlecaps out of your way so you guys can grab the deep stuff! Hope to hunt with yall soon!

We did have fun!

Attachments

• Hunt Pic.jpg
    Hunt Pic.jpg
    165.3 KB · Views: 162
That was definitely a fun time, even with that slight 40 mph breeze today. Hadn't been out in quite awhile, and my back is reminding me of that fact. However, I'm looking forward to the next time. Good to meet Trix and MartinV3i, and to hunt with Mike in McKinney again.

Also anxious for MrNovice to clear out those pesky pulltabs so we can get at the good stuff... :laughing:

Thanks for posting the photo Martin. TexHunter got his fill as did we all. A hard days work for way less than minimum wage. And we are gonna do it again soon I hope.

Forum hunts are great, glad you guys could get out and get it done. Enjoy the soft ground!

Back
Top Bottom