More largies

Tpmetal

Elite Member
Got out friday again to look for an old saw mill area. Turns out it might be on the neighbors land so we never found it. So a friend and I were working on part of the field where it looks like there was a structure. He marks a target that sounded like strong junk with the concentric coil on his tesero, and told me to check it out when I got over that way. I swing over it with the dd and it lights up beautifully. i told him he should have dug this it sounds great, he says "na I passed on it, go for it you dig it." Well I did and out popped a largie. The signal sounded funny on his coil because of a chunk of iron next to it, just couldn't separate it like the dd did. Managed to grab another largie and a pocket watch before we had to run so I could pick up my daughter from practice. Oh yeah and this sweet part of a a 2 piece button, looks like ww1 or possibly early ww11

Attachments

• 20171117_160956_resized_1.jpg
    20171117_160956_resized_1.jpg
    48 KB · Views: 186
  • 20171117_161108_resized_1.jpg
    20171117_161108_resized_1.jpg
    56.8 KB · Views: 144
Congrats on the two largies and watch. Hopefully there will be more good finds there.. HH

Lies lies, more east coast lies :sissyfight:

Darn tom you caught me. you have no idea what it takes for us east coasters to photoshop all these largecents. haha Seriously though, if you are ever in western ny hit me up. Would love to take you out to some old spots.

Congrats on the two largies and watch. Hopefully there will be more good finds there.. HH

Thanks, hopefully a silver will pop up sometime soon, running out of time though. Snows on the ground here.

Lies lies, more east coast lies :sissyfight:

I just got a call from the manager of the storage company I use. He told me that the shipping container I was storing my extra Large Cents in busted a weld and is now spilling large cents everywhere. He asked my why I was storing large cents instead of gold coins. I told him that if he is looking for gold coins, you need to go to California and look for this guy named Tom...

Back
Top Bottom