3 rd Barber half in 2 weeks

dirt dick

Elite Member
As I left the house today in search of something "old", having several thoughts on where to go...?
And wouldn't it be cool to find another Barber half....before the weekend is over.
(no way what are the odds?)
I hit one curb strip finding clad before noon.
Needing luch and a change in location.
I headed to a different town about 15 miles away.
Meeting up with usmcdetector, we hit an old curb strip, finding clad and a few wheats....
Along the side walk stands a huge old katalpa tree, I ran my coil over a 7" deep high tone , a little off on the ferous side but solid, at
15 :48, dug the plug, I see a red marble, "oh that's a good sign"
scaling out the bottom of hole I see silver roundness......
Oh my! "no way!" Another Barber half! (There was Also a big rusty nail in the hole throwing the numbers off)
I dug 2 more wheats near that tree, (1926, 1939)
Usmcdetector did pretty well again too. Picking up several wheats, an Indian head, 1926 Merc, and a old slicked out,
no date queen Victoria Canadian dime.
7f144f5738a414dddbe02dcc8099fcd0.jpg

Sent from my E6810 using Tapatalk

Congrats!! I had a 2 walker week once and a 2 barber half week another time but a 3 barber half week....that's just awesome!! :yes:

That’s crazy! What is with all of the Barber halves being found lately? Must be the moon! Ha! Nice job!

Maybe it's a silver moon thing/ gravity pull like the tides?
Only pushing big silvers up?
That’s crazy! What is with all of the Barber halves being found lately? Must be the moon! Ha! Nice job!

Witness

I was a witness to all 3 finds, and though I had some good luck myself Dirt Dick stole the thunder with the Barber Halves.

My best find this week was a very worn Queen Victoria Canadien Silver dime(no date) minted 1858-1901

The first one was actually under the sidewalk and most Detectorist would probably have just assumed it was a piece rebar and let it go. Great job chasing that one down and under!
All 3were on old unused curb strips where most of us don’t detect because of the trash and I have become a believer in hunting those.
The last one was a corrupted signal with some nails in the hole with the Barber half, another great job Dirt Dick!
Lesson here, always detect those curb strips!

Thanks !
No barbers today,
But a 37 GW.
Keeping the silver train rolling
(16 th silver in the month of July)
Number 49 on the season.
Holy cow - leave a few for the rest of us! :)

Congrats on a nice big silver streak - I'm sure you're having a blast.
a8a4e2f91f6ca49cd02f23a4dda63e5d.jpg

Dandy fine results there! What do you suppose that buckle looking thing is around the marble?

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom