What are you doing for Halloween??? Share with us pics/descriptions!

MrNovice

Forum Supporter
I love Halloween! Not into decking out the yard for 2 weeks prior getting ready for the big night, but I understand why some people are. It's a shame it falls on a Monday this year, it's always better when it lands on a weekend...more trick or treaters to scare!

Anyways, it seems I always put away a few of our Halloween additions in the garage for storage afterward, and inevitably...I can never find all of them again. So, here are a few new ones we made/bought today for display tomorrow.

First, we had to get candy for the little runts and I try to at least get the "fun size" candy bars. Those little mini teeny tiny deer drop size candies are okay, but I prefer to get at least 2 bites out of my candy bars. So we picked up one of these...

It has 300 pieces, so that's plenty for 2 pieces per treater since our neighborhood is off the beaten path and only maybe 30% particpate anyways. Scrooges!

Well, once I opened it up and saw the inside of the fake cardboard coffin was really detailed out with painted on looking red velvet innards, well...we were definitely going to have to put it to use as a prop as well! So I spray painted the complete outside white, covering up the candy pics ect. Perfect! Hmmmm...now we just needed something inside... To the thrift store we go! Picked up this beauty for $1. I didn't think to take before pics, so a google image pic will have to do, same doll but ours was dressed different in a plaid dress. Here she is!...

I know, she's almost perfect right! Nothing a little spray paint and my artist wife can't fix. Now she's all dolled up and stuffed in the coffin for display!...

Beautiful! And next we picked up another addition to the family that was 50% off, since we always wait till the last minute to set up. It had a cheap little toggle switch to activate it, so I cut that short 1ft cord and stripped the wires and crimped in another 15ft extention onto it so I can hide behind the front pillar of the porch and activate it once the little ones get 1/2 way down our walkway toward the porch. It's hiding behind a planter and too dark at night to even see it until the toggle is pushed and the red eyes light up and the jaw chatters, making meow sounds. Spooky!

And here's me, all decked out. Basically a scream robe but I have a different mask that the eyes light up. There is an on/off battery compartment sewn into the mask, but that wasn't going to do justice to have the red lights stay on while I'm trying to hide behind the pillar. So I added some extention again and a toggle switch that is thumb activated so I can push light the eyes up and make them flash. Much better! The cord is out in the open here, but I'll tuck it in through the hood and run it down the sleeve to my hand.

With that and the fog machine smoking up the porch, a blinding strobe light flashing through the smoke and spooky Halloween sounds playing outloud via Youtube, yeah...hopefully we'll be able to give the gift of a couple seizures this year!

I love Halloween, but my youngest with autism hates it. It truly scares him to death. Doorbell ringing and creepy people coming to the door, it's something we try to keep him away from as much as possible. So I stay out front in disquise, greet the treaters and pass out the candy and my son is none the wiser of all the activity going on since they never even have the chance to ring the doorbell. You gotta do what you gotta do, and that's how we roll.

So let's see your Halloween creations/ideas/costumes/displays! Since us forum members are all over the place, it's cool if we share and borrow ideas since it's not like we live right next to you anyways. Lay em' on us!!!

Back
Top Bottom