Oh wow, I just have no words. Stupid people in Texas...

I'm an animal lover myself, I eat lot's of 'em! :lol:

We have indoor cats in our household.

Not saying what's wrong and what's right, but I do know that feral cats kill millions of songbirds and bunnies. They come nonstop onto my property. I feel a bit helpless as they prey upon dozens of small wildlife for pleasure, and even some of my poultry. I suppose there must be some hidden benefit from that?

I'm an animal lover myself, I eat lot's of 'em! :lol:

We have indoor cats in our household.

Not saying what's wrong and what's right, but I do know that feral cats kill millions of songbirds and bunnies. They come nonstop onto my property. I feel a bit helpless as they prey upon dozens of small wildlife for pleasure, and even some of my poultry. I suppose there must be some hidden benefit from that?

Besides a feral cat, this was a veterinarian - someone who is supposed to take care of animals and care for them. Don't they take some sort of oath to help animals???

Also, completely inhumane, considering the options available to such a person besides resorting to something like this.

I like animals, don't particularly care for cats much, but geez...this is just beyond belief coming from someone of her stature.

Besides a feral cat, this was a veterinarian - someone who is supposed to take care of animals and care for them. Don't they take some sort of oath to help animals???

Also, completely inhumane, considering the options available to such a person besides resorting to something like this.

I like animals, don't particularly care for cats much, but geez...this is just beyond belief coming from someone of her stature.

Not taking her side, but you've got to catch those things, to do anything with them. And when you do catch them, you're going to wish you hadn't. Feral cats are not house pets. They will claw your eyes out, and anything else that they can reach. Unfortunately, they are something to be dealt with, one way or another.........

Some might say she was caring for animals by eliminating a predatory killer that preys upon other small animals, day after day, just for the sake of killing. Yes, she was very foolish posting about it on a media site.

:mad: :mad: :mad: There are Trap Neuter Return programs to deal with feral cat populations. We don't need death squads going around killing cats.

The saddest thing about this is that the vet seemed to get joy out of killing the cat. :(

:mad: :mad: :mad: There are Trap Neuter Return programs to deal with feral cat populations. We don't need death squads going around killing cats.

The saddest thing about this is that the vet seemed to get joy out of killing the cat. :(
I wasn't even aware of programs such as that, even in my own state. Worth checking into -

Not taking her side, but you've got to catch those things, to do anything with them. And when you do catch them, you're going to wish you hadn't. Feral cats are not house pets. They will claw your eyes out, and anything else that they can reach. Unfortunately, they are something to be dealt with, one way or another.........

Can they not be trapped some way then sedated to do whatever would need to be done? Is that not a better option than an arrow through the head? Think if she missed and just wounded it.

Can they not be trapped some way then sedated to do whatever would need to be done? Is that not a better option than an arrow through the head? Think if she missed and just wounded it.
They could be live-trapped such as with a Havahart trap, but sedated, with what, a drug? Civilians don't commonly have access to drugs such as animal sedatives. "To do whatever would need to be done?" Like what? Maybe transported to another area and released, to let it become someone else's problem. Good ideas, but it gets complicated fast.

They could be live-trapped such as with a Havahart trap, but sedated, with what, a drug? Civilians don't commonly have access to drugs such as animal sedatives. "To do whatever would need to be done?" Like what? Maybe transported to another area and released, to let it become someone else's problem. Good ideas, but it gets complicated fast.

Sedated with a dart? By injection if a small trap, just poke the needle in. She was a vet! Surely animal control people have access to such things, let alone a vet? I don't care if they have to put the cat down, but damn...not an arrow through the head.

Sedated with a dart? By injection if a small trap, just poke the needle in. She was a vet! Surely animal control people have access to such things, let alone a vet? I don't care if they have to put the cat down, but damn...not an arrow through the head.
Great ideas, just not practical. We're talking thousands of feral cats, and there's lots of people out there that deal with the problem in their own way, in much less humane ways than an arrow through the head, sad to say.

For instance, we have an out of control deer population in my city and many that surround it. We have annual deer 'culls' each year in our city park. Ann Arbor, Michigan for instance, is preparing to cull whitetail deer in 14 city parks, and they did it last year. To appease some of the folks that don't approve of the professional sharp-shooters, they will be spending close to $100,000 to sterilize 40-60 Whitetails. That's an insane amount of taxpayer money! It also does not completely address the deer population problem. Great ideas, but highly impractical.

Great ideas, just not practical. We're talking thousands of feral cats, and there's lots of people out there that deal with the problem in their own way, in much less humane ways than an arrow through the head, sad to say.

For instance, we have an out of control deer population in my city and many that surround it. We have annual deer 'culls' each year in our city park. Ann Arbor, Michigan for instance, is preparing to cull whitetail deer in 14 city parks, and they did it last year. To appease some of the folks that don't approve of the professional sharp-shooters, they will be spending close to $100,000 to sterilize 40-60 Whitetails. That's an insane amount of taxpayer money! It also does not completely address the deer population problem. Great ideas, but highly impractical.

That deer thing is insane. Deer actually tastes good, eh cats...not so much...

I get that people do different thing different ways, I understand that and some people do things that are just absolutely cruel for kicks or pleasure or whatever, but a Vet doing this that does have the means to do it differently is just very disappointing.

I guess every time I try to hold the human race up as anything better than animals themselves, I can just expect to be disappointed. And that's sad considering that's a pretty low bar to be holding up anyways.

Um...uh...I really can't vouch for the taste of cat...:roll:

There was an entry in the Lewis and Clark Journals about how they favored Mountain Lion meat...of course, they also thought dog/wolf meat was pretty good too...Ive had ample opportunity but have never sampled it as of yet...Other places of the World people seem to have no problem though...Dogs and Cats in America have a pretty good life in the scheme of things, better than most people even.....Interesting..

I've wondered about these Special hunts to get rid of the City deer...deer are super easy to snare...hell, a guy could wipe them out quietly and with no firearms involved....course, then there would be pictures getting out of some poor deer hung up in a wire..and we cant have that!.

Mud

Sedated with a dart? By injection if a small trap, just poke the needle in.

Maybe the cat will come over and sit on the needle for you. Sorry, just being facetious.

Have you ever caught a cat in a trap? If so, you'd know what you were dealing with here. This is not the cuddly little ball of fur that sits by contently in your window or on your hearth. This is a wild animal, and wild hardly begins to describe it. Just approach that trap, and you will immediately see a snarling, spitting, clawing, ball of fur, that would just love nothing more, than to take your eyes right off of your face in a very, non-humane manner. This animal will reach right through the cage and inflict great bodily harm to you, and it will do it so quick, you won't know what happened till you see the blood. But let's say you manage to get it to take a sleeping pill, or whatever, and then you have it neutered. Well now what? That animal is still going to be wild as a Tasmanian Devil, and it is still going to remove your eyes, given the opportunity, and it is still going to prey on all the same innocent wildlife, as it has always done.

As amc rulz stated, all "Great ideas, just not practical. We're talking thousands of feral cats, and there's lots of people out there that deal with the problem in their own way, in much less humane ways than an arrow through the head, sad to say."

Again, I'm not taking her side (the vet), but unfortunately, the feral cat is something to be dealt with, one way or another.........it's a real problem, and until you have cornered one, face to face, up close and personal, you'll never understand what you are dealing with.

Back
Top Bottom