• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

So exhausted!

MrNovice

Forum Supporter
:laughing:

Just got back from a REALLY really short hunt, nothing great to show for it but did see some pretty cool stuff at the State Fair today! Checked out a museum that was named the "Hall of State" which was all about the six different "nations" that colonized Texas throughout the years.

Very interesting artifacts and uniforms from the Spanish, French, and Mexican periods all the way through the Civil War to current times. Saw cool rifles and axes, plenty of old solid silver platers, tools, and even neat coins like these:

Got some cool pics of Dallas from above:

Even saw a kid toss his lunch on a "spinning" type ride, right in front of us as we were next to get on. :roll: They had to stop the ride and hose off the seat and the kid, that was pretty hilarious! Not a good idea to eat one of these...

...and then go on the "tilt-a-whurl" right after. Doesn't quite taste as good the second time around. :laughing: I stuck to these...

...Texas shaped nachos with bacon, and we were smart enough to go see some free shows after lunch and let our food digest a little before attempting rides.

Good day with the family, but it's a shame my legs are now so stiff and sore from walking around out there for 7 hours, I couldn't even go out and detect after for hardly any length of time. Everyone is so wore out now, we'll all sleep like babies tonight. Hopefully I can get out and swing tomorrow, someone dropped something somewhere and I gotta go save it! Happy hunting!!!

Last edited:
Very nice pics - I'd like to go there one day. Looks like fun.

We try to go about once every 4 or 5 years. If you go year after year, not much changes as far as rides and exhibits. This is the first year I actually enjoyed going through the exhibits, seeing the "making of Texas" through the centuries. Sure I read about in 7th grade Texas History, but it's not the same as seeing different uniforms, rifles, tools and maps. Going to the fair used to be all about food and rides, it's funny how things you are interested in change as we age.

Last edited:
Looks like a great place, i bet the collection was impresive. The bacon cheese nachos look awesome too!

I wish they would have had more coins on display. Unfortunately that was all they had. I wish also, I would have took more pics of the uniforms and items to post but the wife and the kids were way past the boredom stage and heading into the nagging realm. :laughing:

Back
Top Bottom