Bass pro bought cabelas

jruckman38

Elite Member
I work at the cabelas DC here in wheeling wv I don't know what it will mean for me. I mean it could be a good thing or a bad thing I guess time will tell.

I work at the cabelas DC here in wheeling wv I don't know what it will mean for me. I mean it could be a good thing or a bad thing I guess time will tell.

For now, they say they will run independantly for awhile. Cabela's stock went through the roof, said it was undervalued anyways. Good luck! Maybe you can move up during the merge? They'll need more good people.

Nooooooooooo. Bass Pro never has what I'm looking for and the few things it does have are almost double the price of Cabelas.

What are you looking for that Bass Pro don't have? The two we have here are bigger than SuperWalmarts.

The last example was a lead smelting pot. BP had it hidden in the fishing section for $95 and had no bullet moulds or anything else related to smelting for that matter. Cabelas had the same pot for $55 in the smelting section next to the moulds, bullet lube, swedging dies, dippers and anything else I might need for bullet casting.

The last example was a lead smelting pot. BP had it hidden in the fishing section for $95 and had no bullet moulds or anything else related to smelting for that matter. Cabelas had the same pot for $55 in the smelting section next to the moulds, bullet lube, swedging dies, dippers and anything else I might need for bullet casting.

I knew a sharp shooter who used to make his own ammo. Cool process, he enjoyed it. Well, the good news is nothing will happen soon to either store from what Bass Pro says. They just paid a buyout fine, of $850k I think?...and no immediate plans to "combine" ghe outdoor stores yet. So stock up!

I should mention that I was really trying to buy from BP because I had $70 in gift cards at the time. After keeping them for almost a year but not using them because Cabelas always had the better deal I ended up using them to get a splatter screen, accessories for jet boil stoves, and a few other items that I kind of wanted and were only slightly more than the same thing was at Cabelas.

Bass Pro CEO talks to Cabela's workers about future

Just saw this news article online -

Bass Pro CEO talks to Cabela's workers about future

SIDNEY, Neb. (AP) — Bass Pro Shops' CEO has told Cabela's employees that he won't plant false hopes about their jobs after his company completes its purchase of the company. But he repeated earlier statements that some operations will stay in the Nebraska town where Cabela's was founded.

Last week's announcement of the $4.5 billion deal to buy Cabela's raised questions about the roughly 2,000 people the company employs at its Sidney, Nebraska headquarters. The combined headquarters will be in Springfield, Missouri.

Bass Pro CEO Johnny Morris told about 250 Cabela's employees at a Sidney meeting Tuesday that there will be some "slimming down" because of function duplication. Morris said without details that "important, significant jobs" will remain in Sidney. A Cabela's representative didn't immediately return a call from The Associated Press.

The company has committed to keeping open Cabela's call centers in Grand Island, Kearney and North Platte, but Bass Pro spokesman Jack Wlezien said Wednesday that he couldn't yet say whether there will be any employee cutbacks.

As for the Sidney staffing, Wlezien said, "We don't have an exact forecast yet."

Capital One will take over running Cabela's credit card unit as part of the deal, which is backed by $1.8 billion in financing from Goldman Sachs and another $600 million from private equity fund Pamplona Capital.

IF the govt. lets the sale go through and IF there are no Bass Pro Shops stores in your area you should be safe for awhile.
If that store is not underperforming, that is.

IF the govt. lets the sale go through and IF there are no Bass Pro Shops stores in your area you should be safe for awhile.
If that store is not underperforming, that is.

I think the dealmis almost done. Cabela's was talking about going public anyways because losses, and the buyout fine is $850k I think...it's already been talked about and factored in.

I think the dealmis almost done. Cabela's was talking about going public anyways because losses, and the buyout fine is $850k I think...it's already been talked about and factored in.

Their deal might be done but the govt. might have an opinion due to antitrust issues from overlapping stores in a couple states.
There might have to be some shuffling around and sales or closing of stores before it is all over.

http://www.omaha.com/money/before-i...cle_085cf28b-e367-5050-97c2-14532ddbd93c.html

Maybe the govt. will or maybe they won't butt in but nothing is in concrete until they weigh in on the matter.

One of my friends used to work at a bass pro over here. He told me that for all items in the store they get 25% discount, and bass pro brand they get 40%. :wow: That can make a difference if your buying something big. The stores are interesting, but definitely not cheap to keep a place like that open which is reflected in their pricing. I go in
There every so often just to check things out. They are basically tourist traps

My sister left cabela's hq sidney earlier this year for gander mountain. Unfortunately they had to take a $50k loss on home since this sale basically killed the sidney market. 1/3 the town is cabela's employees.

Bass Pro pays WAY less in HQ positions and they constantly try to force their timeshare scam on you as a consumer.

I worked for a high end audio/video retailer back in the mid 70s to 80s...He surprised everyone one day by announcing he sold the biz to a competitor in the area that "had similar selling styles" and he quoted " I Foresee no changes".....ya right.....two weeks later we (both sales and service staff) were all interviewing for our same jobs with the new employer...half of us didn't make it ....( I did but it wasn't even close to the same).... Be leary of any employer who tells you...I foresee no changes..LOL..:no:

cabelas DC center

May be with the merge you will be shipping out even more metal detectors. I have bought 2 dectors and a pinpointer and sand scoop from Cabelas in the past.

My sister left cabela's hq sidney earlier this year for gander mountain. Unfortunately they had to take a $50k loss on home since this sale basically killed the sidney market. 1/3 the town is cabela's employees.

Bass Pro pays WAY less in HQ positions and they constantly try to force their timeshare scam on you as a consumer.

Once BP merges the headquarters, Sidney is probably dead. Like you mentioned, it is the major employer there. They've already kinda addressed that situation in articles, but the BP stance on it was pretty much "no comment".

But Cabela's was already hemorraging cash from consistant quarterly losses, looking to go public to sell shares, and BP offered them a better price than if they went public. So they might have crashed anyways, we'll never know for sure if they could have turned it around.

I worked for a high end audio/video retailer back in the mid 70s to 80s...He surprised everyone one day by announcing he sold the biz to a competitor in the area that "had similar selling styles" and he quoted " I Foresee no changes".....ya right.....two weeks later we (both sales and service staff) were all interviewing for our same jobs with the new employer...half of us didn't make it ....( I did but it wasn't even close to the same).... Be leary of any employer who tells you...I foresee no changes..LOL..:no:

It's funny you say that. Foresee no changes because that's all they are saying.

Back
Top Bottom