Bullseye II down and out

OZ_IL

Forum Supporter
Bullseye II (pinponter) down and out :mad: Pressing the button will not activate it (was sporadic for a few weeks, then down and out). Opened it up and tried pressing the switch, nada. Tried wiggling the switch an the LED would come on about 1/4 - 1/2'' brightness. Tried new batteries, nada.

The pinpointer is about 6 months old, still under warrenty I assume? Oh how I hope I saved the proof of purchase :?:

Send it back to Whites. They are real good about there products, and I would be real surprised if they didn't either fix it or replace it.

Oz,

I went to Radioshack when my switch bit the dust and I soldered a new one in and it works just fine.. If I were you, I would send it back... I just had no patience to do it that way lol...

Mine has done this. I opened it up and played with the switch until I got it working again. This is the only bad thing about the BullseyeII.

OkieDigger said:
Mine has done this. I opened it up and played with the switch until I got it working again. This is the only bad thing about the BullseyeII.
Opened mine up too - no go. I will post some pics of the innards.

Just bought a vibra-probe 560 off ebay (sorry Tony!). Made about $22,000 in the market this year, guess I could afford it :lol:

you will be very happy with that vibraprobe 560. I have been run ning mine for about 6 months now and am very very pleased.

paluch545 said:
you will be very happy with that vibraprobe 560. I have been run ning mine for about 6 months now and am very very pleased.
I've read good things about it on this board and elsewhere. Will of course send the Bullseye in for repair, and if it goes down again, I'll "experiment" on it :P

Well, I swear by my Vibraprobe 460. It's very rugged and idiot proof. However I am giving it up for a Sunray X1 Probe that should arrive any day now. My son is just as excited about the Sunray as I am because he will get to carry the Vibraprobe.

HH

ZL

Here's the inside of one:

Attachments

• inside_B_II.jpg
    inside_B_II.jpg
    42.9 KB · Views: 497
Most likely the contacts inside are dirty. Remove the rubber boot and I sprayed WD-40 in one and blew it out with compressed air... presto. Still works great!

Schultzie said:
Most likely the contacts inside are dirty. Remove the rubber boot and I sprayed WD-40 in one and blew it out with compressed air... presto. Still works great!
Tried that already. I have a backup pinpointer now so I'll send it back since it is still under warrenty. Next time though I do it the "Okie" way :yes:

Sooner or later they will modify the switch since it is the most common repair. Fortunately mine is still OK, and the Sunray is now the primary probe.

the bulz eye pin pointers are i guess known for this mine did the same thing i just got a switch not a push button but a small light switch kind of thing pulled the old one out put the new one in and whamo..... better then new . now i can switch on and not have to hold the button. i did have to drill a small hole in the side and left the rubber peice in but i like it much better now . i only used mine for 2 months and it went out. if i could post a pick i would show you all the finished product but hhhm i cant sowwy

Had my bullseye II for less then two months and it went out. Sent it to whites on a Monday and received a brand new one the following Monday.

Hey OZ if you don't get any satisfation form them or just want it replaced send it to me and I'll replace it for you. No problem. :yes:

TonyinCT said:
Hey OZ if you don't get any satisfation form them or just want it replaced send it to me and I'll replace it for you. No problem. :yes:
Thanks for the offer and your post just reminded me I never have tried to get it fixed yet :lol: I now have the pinpointer in front of me and will check out White's return policy. Well tomorrow anyway - after digging up an old lawn for 12 hours today - off to slumberland. Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Back
Top Bottom