So frustrated!

Kingdoc

I'm trying to find 2 to 3 feet of 8 inch diameter pvc pipe to make sand scoops for my friend and I. I have scoured the Internet and I cant find anything close or cheep.

Anybody have any ideas on how to get my hands on some? Or, a broader question, any ideas on materials to make the scoop part of a sand scoop? here is the hitch. I have absolutely no power tools or welding equipment. I might be able to borrow a friends powerdrill but thats about it. I have some stuff i can use for long handles and i can get all kinds of bolts/screws/fasteners from the local home depo but thats about it.

Anybody have Ideas?

I'm trying to find 2 to 3 feet of 8 inch diameter pvc pipe to make sand scoops for my friend and I. I have scoured the Internet and I cant find anything close or cheep.

Anybody have any ideas on how to get my hands on some? Or, a broader question, any ideas on materials to make the scoop part of a sand scoop? here is the hitch. I have absolutely no power tools or welding equipment. I might be able to borrow a friends powerdrill but thats about it. I have some stuff i can use for long handles and i can get all kinds of bolts/screws/fasteners from the local home depo but thats about it.

Anybody have Ideas?

Lowes, Home Depot, Menards etc will carry it or your local plumber

I thought Lowe's and Home Depot carried 6" sewer drain pipe? It's not 8" diameter, but closer. ??

I thought Lowe's and Home Depot carried 6" sewer drain pipe? It's not 8" diameter, but closer. ??

I herd something crazy about major home repair/diy chains in the tri state area (NY,NJ,CT) not carrying anything over 4" because it can be used to make large pipe bombs. Its not like you cant use 2 4" pieces:?: but hey, I live in the city where kids get shot in the face and the mayors biggest concern is the size of your soda. .... sorry, i'm tired and a bit frustrated.

I was thinking about cutting the top and bottom off a 5 gallon plastic pail and then splitting it on one side to make a plastic sheet of sorts. Rolling that into a 8" dia tube and securing it with self taping screws and hose clamps. anybody got any thoughts on that idea?

If anybody cares I gave up. Found a decent metal hand scoop for 25 bucks at the only MD'ing store in NYC. I'll just bolt a handle to it.

If anybody cares I gave up. Found a decent metal hand scoop for 25 bucks at the only MD'ing store in NYC. I'll just bolt a handle to it.

:lol: okay, cool!
well, if you still want to eventually make a plastic scoop, i was going to suggest going to either a plumber or a plumbing supplies wholesaler and they usually have pieces of various sized stuff kicking around. they would probably even saw it to the right length for you.

I'm an Electrician and we've used 6in pvc for making a sleeve under driveways.. Also, I've seen some really nice scoops made out of 4in pvc with a handle.. Just look on google or ebay..

I've found a few pieces of 8" PVC in new subdivisions. Main sewer or water lines I'd guess. I use it making cats trees. Good luck

if you were in my area you could have all you want. try looking at larger construction sites where they are putting in storm or sanitary sewer lines. the size of pipe you are looking for will probably be sdr (sewer and drain). while driving by const sites look for pipe thats a light blue to aqua marine color.

Borrow your buddies drill, you can buy a 4" angle grinder for $10 to $15 on sale at menards or harbor freight. The cut off wheel for the grinder is $1. This scoop will last you along time and is light. It will not break like PVC.
http://metaldetectingforum.com/showthread.php?t=130660

Feel free to pm me if you decide to give it a go. I can give you my # and walk you through anything you need step by step.GL

Back
Top Bottom