Had a day out today

~Alan~

Forum Supporter
My wife and I had a day out today. We went to a Country and Game Fair, near Norwich, in the county of Norfolk. Had a great time, and the weather was nice and warm.

Here's a couple of pictures.

The falconers put a really good show on.

goat2308.jpg

Looks like you and the Mrs. had a fun day Alan.

It's always nice to hear whats going on in England.

Nice pics - I don't know if I'd want that falcon digging his talons into my scalp. Of course I have a lot less hair than that little guy :lol:

Nice pics - I don't know if I'd want that falcon digging his talons into my scalp. Of course I have a lot less hair than that little guy :lol:
The people who did the falconry at this event Doug, are "Ye old Red Tail Falconry". We've seen them a number of time at various events, and never ceased to be amazed. These birds do have sharp talons, but never hurt anyone. They were even landing on people's arms, who weren't wearing the leather gloves.

These days out are getting increasingly expensive to attend, but as we don't do much in the way of holidays, what the heck :)

When you consider that £1 = approx $2
Yesterday we spent around ................$50 on petrol (200 mile round trip)
Entrance to event ............................$40 for the two of us
Two cups of tea and two hot dogs.......$18
Two glasses of real fresh lemonade ......$ 8

This is before we bought anything else :(

Thing is, the people who take their various food wagons on site, have to
pay a lot of money too.
A large mobile food wagon, may well have to pay up to $ 2,000 to be there for the
weekend. Then if the weather is bad, they could be well in debt.

The people who did the falconry at this event Doug, are "Ye old Red Tail Falconry". We've seen them a number of time at various events, and never ceased to be amazed. These birds do have sharp talons, but never hurt anyone. They were even landing on people's arms, who weren't wearing the leather gloves.

These days out are getting increasingly expensive to attend, but as we don't do much in the way of holidays, what the heck :)

When you consider that £1 = approx $2
Yesterday we spent around ................$50 on petrol (200 mile round trip)
Entrance to event ............................$40 for the two of us
Two cups of tea and two hot dogs.......$18
Two glasses of real fresh lemonade ......$ 8

This is before we bought anything else :(

Thing is, the people who take their various food wagons on site, have to
pay a lot of money too.
A large mobile food wagon, may well have to pay up to $ 2,000 to be there for the
weekend. Then if the weather is bad, they could be well in debt.

Looks like a really fun family day!! Thanks for sharing. Looking over your costs compares fairly well to a day at the ballpark over here!!:D:p:lol:

Back
Top Bottom