A Little Test Video And Rehunting A Site

beephead

Elite Member
I put the Deeptech Smart Plus to a nail test to see what it could do. It passed with flying colors. Even with the small Super Six search coil it could still get a good audio response at 12+ inches above the quarter.

I headed back to the site that I last detected to do some beep and digging. Even though the house that's there now was in the mid-fifties the subdivision where it's located use to be an old plantation. It's no telling what might pop out the ground. I find old skeleton keys and Indian Head pennies etc..

It didn't take long after starting the grid search before I got my search coil over a good target. A button a little larger than a penny with some eagle wings on it popped out of the ground. My next good target was a large button with an anchor on it. I don't know what heck it is. Any how other than those two buttons all that I found at that site today was a bunch of trash and around a half dozen coins. I pounded it pretty hard on my last hunt (23 wheats and 2 silvers).

On my way home, I saw a lady out in her yard that gave me permission to detect her yard a couple of years ago, so I stopped and gave her some homegrown tomatoes and chatted with her for awhile. Nice lady, she has gotten me a couple permissions around her so far.

After leaving there I stopped at another site that I've detected before and found a few more coins including a 1955 Canadian Five Cent coin. I didn't detect there for long because the ground is still hard and I don't like hunting in the heat of the summer. I'm going to rest up some before heading back out to do some more detecting.

Video Test Link

beephead

Attachments

• IMG_2365.jpg
    IMG_2365.jpg
    137.3 KB · Views: 175
  • IMG_2366.jpg
    IMG_2366.jpg
    103.8 KB · Views: 139
  • IMG_2367.jpg
    IMG_2367.jpg
    153.8 KB · Views: 140
  • IMG_2368.jpg
    IMG_2368.jpg
    88.8 KB · Views: 142
  • IMG_2370.jpg
    IMG_2370.jpg
    56.6 KB · Views: 137
  • IMG_2371.jpg
    IMG_2371.jpg
    69.3 KB · Views: 139
  • IMG_2372.jpg
    IMG_2372.jpg
    59.2 KB · Views: 137
  • IMG_2373.jpg
    IMG_2373.jpg
    60.3 KB · Views: 138
  • IMG_2374.jpg
    IMG_2374.jpg
    51.4 KB · Views: 133
Wait, has beephead been hacked? No silver? Something’s not right here...

I really appreciate that you post your pile of trash too. Makes me feel like I'm not alone.

Good report, and good video. Really demonstrates what the machine can do, but also what to listen for in high iron sites.
Cool old buttons!
Thanks! That sucker is fast, deep and does a great job at unmasking. My Deus using the secret 'Tesoro' program is right up there with it at unmasking.

Excellent finds bud! Super 6 coil is awsome.
Thanks! Beeping and digging detectors find targets that VDI detectors miss.

Wait, has beephead been hacked? No silver? Something’s not right here...
I knew that was coming. lol It's Hell hunting behind myself.

Nice assortment of goodies!
Thanks!

I really appreciate that you post your pile of trash too. Makes me feel like I'm not alone.
Thanks! You have to dig some trash to find the good stuff.

beephead

Back
Top Bottom