A metal detectorist was hunting near an Indian reservation when

NectarDetector

Forum Supporter
A metal detectorist was hunting near an Indian reservation when he happened upon an old Indian Chief laying face down in the middle Of the road with his ear pressed firmly against the road.

The detectorist asked the old tribesman what he was doing.

The tribesman began to speak..."woman, late thirties, three kids, one barking dog in late model Four door sedan, traveling at 65 m.p.h."

"That's amazing" exclaimed the detectorist. "You can tell all of that by just listening to the ground?"

"No," said the old tribesman. "They just ran me over five minutes ago!"

It says he was lying face down with his ear pressed firmly against the pavement. Unless his ear is on his face he couldn't do that. So I figured his ear must be on his face and therefore he is really strange looking.

So if you lay down and put your ear on the ground your face wouldn't be touching the ground also? Interesting...

I don't know about you, but my ears are on the side of my head, right next to my face

Sorry that my wording bothered you so much and confused you like it obviously did

I've just always thought "face down" was facing straight down. It's not a big thing, I still understood the story and thought it was funny.

Back
Top Bottom