Darndest thing!

hoser

Forum Supporter
Went to the local ski slope today.(no pics taken) Found the normal amount of clad, a Michigan State football badge or zipper pull(size of a half dollar), but what has me stumped is I also found the triggering portion to a hand grenade :shock: :?: All I can say is those down hill racers really must take competition to a whole new level. :wow: :lol: Talk about incentive to go FAST! :lol:

Hoser-
My house was built in 1948...and I found the pin hinge/firing mechanism for a WWII MarkII grenade about 9" deep in my backyard!

My dad, who is the original owner of the property, has NO idea of how it got there!...weird to say the least.

I can post a pic if you like.

danimal

hoser said:
Went to the local ski slope today.(no pics taken) Found the normal amount of clad, a Michigan State football badge or zipper pull(size of a half dollar), but what has me stumped is I also found the triggering portion to a hand grenade :shock: :?: All I can say is those down hill racers really must take competition to a whole new level. :wow: :lol: Talk about incentive to go FAST! :lol:

Don't know how much of the mechanism you found, or if it really is from a HE fragmentation grenade or something else, like an artillery simulator,... If it is from
a fragmentation grenade and it is complete, be VERY CAREFUL. The bottom of it is like a blasting cap.

Oh it was spent. I've thrown a lot of these little gems. The cap was gone off the bottom. ;)
Yeah Danimal, post a pic of the thing. I would like to see it. :yes:

Back
Top Bottom