yesterday's hunt (in hunting area)

odklizec

Hi folks,

On yesterday, me and my MD mate went to see new area. We both found a lot of bullets and shells and only few coins and some strange pieces of metal. Apparently, it was an old hunting area. So in case of finds, it was very boring place (at least for us, not so excited with bullet finds). However, because of beautiful weather, we spent a lovely day on fresh air and with the best hobby ever! :lol:

Here are some pics form this hunt..
DSC00225_DCE.JPG

DSC00222_DCE.JPG

DSC00224_DCE.JPG

IMG_9358_DCE.jpg

Wow. That is some beautiful scenery you have in you area. Good going on the hunt and it seems you found some cad and lots of bullets. I am curious what battle was fought in your area or are the bullets from hunters? I like the coins :shock: I like all coins. good going on your day out. smg

Thanks guys! Zilina is a very nice town situated under the mountain "Mala Fatra" so there is a lot of nice sceneries all around the town.

to poptop..
Yes, the knife is great! Unfortunately, the clay is each day harder and harder so I have to use more robust digging tool for main digging. But it will be great in woods or sandy grounds.

I hear you about the clay and the knife. If you have semi sandy soil, or terrain without packed earth or clay, its a great tool but I found this morning at the local high school, It was like trying to dig through concrete :lol: I gave up and called it a day after about fifteen minutes.
I am about to spend the money for a pin pointer. My detector, if it rings true, theres a 4" circle in the middle and it is always there, I can tell trash by if the signal is outside the circle as I wave over the target. Usually a buried beer or pop can,
I am wondering some times I get a strong signal, but am up to my elbow and still nothing. I think one would come in handy then, because I try to keep my holes small. I may just have to bite the bullet, so to speak and invest in one.
I am just stunned by how beautiful your land is. smg

From my own experience, these strong signals with unlocalizable targets are mostly rusty nails or large pieces of rusty iron ;) But from some time, I can tell (with relative good probability) it's a rusty iron..just from hearing these "good" signals.

The money spent for pinpointer are good invested money (at least from my own experience). I don't use it for localizing the target inside the hole, because of relative low sensitivity, but it's great for localizing the small pieces fallen in grass. These damned pieces, which usually cannot be found by coil pinpointing ;)

Very nice finds. I do use my White's Bullseye Pinpointer II whenever I dig a hole. I run it around the hole, and around and through the plug of grassy dirt. It always works.

Scrltt641

Back
Top Bottom